MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for milk in Eastern NC (Jacksonville). . .can travel!

5 posters

Go down

Looking for milk in Eastern NC (Jacksonville). . .can travel! Empty Re: Looking for milk in Eastern NC (Jacksonville). . .can travel!

Post by jemama Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:50 pm

I'm actually in Jacksonville.....and I've never done this before either! Smile I don't have much right now but I've decided to pump more often so I can donate as well as have a little emergency stash for my daughter. She's quite a bit older than yours (born 9/1/09) but if you're interested let me know!

jemama

Back to top Go down

Looking for milk in Eastern NC (Jacksonville). . .can travel! Empty Re: Looking for milk in Eastern NC (Jacksonville). . .can travel!

Post by ruacaitriona Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:48 pm

I'm in Raleigh and have 50 oz that is still good, but not for too much longer. It was pumped the end of Jan/ beg of Feb. I did occasionally take ibuprofen (was told that was fine by my lactation consultant) and prenatal vitamin, iron supplement, and vit. d supplement. My baby was one month old when I pumped, but has a dairy/ soy sensitivity and we can't use the milk. I've been dreading tossing it.

I have a good supply/ response to pumping and would love to donate more than once, but I work a lot and we rely on me having a stash. I could potentially donate more often though.

ruacaitriona

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahlbin34 Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:57 pm

I also have some milk that can wait until April. I'm in the Charlotte area. Let me know if you are interested.

Ahlbin34

Back to top Go down

Post by gandkbenson Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:56 pm

Hi Eileen, can you clarify RTP? Not sure if it's baby brain or my lack of complete familiarity with NC but I can't come up with where that might be! If Raleigh, it's not too far. Smile Thanks for your reply! Kristen

gandkbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:56 pm

I'm in RTP and have extra. Let me know if we're not too far away. I don't smoke and only take prenatals and am cow-dairy free.

eileen

Back to top Go down

Looking for milk in Eastern NC (Jacksonville). . .can travel! Empty Looking for milk in Eastern NC (Jacksonville). . .can travel!

Post by gandkbenson Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:12 pm

I'm new to this forum, so bear with me. I have a newborn daughter, and had a breast reduction almost 20 years ago. I am nursing her, but have to supplement quite a bit. I'd love to be able to supplement with breastmilk instead of formula! I used donor milk from a friend with my first son 5 years ago, and felt better about bottle feeding knowing he was getting breastmilk.

Here's the catch. . . .we live in Jacksonville, but won't be back in the area until Easter weekend. My hubby is in Afghanistan and returns mid-April, so my boys, the baby and I are in OK at my parents' for a few more weeks. If anyone has any milk to donate and can wait until April, I'm interested. I'm not exactly sure how this works, but am hoping to learn!

Thanks, Kristen

gandkbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down