MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12 months and counting!

2 posters

Go down

12 months and counting! Empty 12 months and counting!

Post by Carolie Fri May 11, 2012 9:30 am

Our adopted daughter, Bess, is a thriving, happy 12.5-month-old, due in large part to the kindness and generosity of strangers.

Born exposed to meth, Bess came to us at three days old. We wanted to give her the best possible nutrition, and that meant human milk. I tried to lactate (spent two months before her birth and a month after trying) but it didn't happen for me. However, thanks to sixteen amazing, wonderful, generous mamas from Virginia, Minnesota, Nevada, North Carolina and Indonesia (!!) reached through this site, HM4HB and Eats on Feets, we've been able to keep her on 80 to 90% human milk from day 3 until now, twelve and a half months later! We hope to keep her on breastmilk for as long as possible (until she's two, if we can do it!) I'm convinced she would not be as healthy as she currently is if we'd had to put her on formula.

Thank you, thank you, thank you -- to all you pumping mamas (and to your children, too, for sharing their mamas!) from the bottom of my heart. Happy Mother's Day to you all!

12 months and counting! Img_1311

Carolie

Back to top Go down

12 months and counting! Empty Re: 12 months and counting!

Post by lalucha Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:18 pm

We have an adopted daughter too, and she was exposed to drugs in utero. We also benefitted from the enormous generosity of this site. She just turned one and is very healthy and happy. Many blessings to you and your family, and to all the generous milk mommas.

lalucha

Back to top Go down