MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Willing to Ship or Pickup

2 posters

Go down

Willing to Ship or Pickup Empty Re: Willing to Ship or Pickup

Post by spunkymom Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:28 am

Hi, I'm in PA and I was interested in learning more about how to ship such a thing as breastmilk. I've had lactation falure 4 times with each of my four girls. My little one, Jessah who is now almost 3 months old, has been exlusivly on mine and donor milk since home from the hospital. That may change soon becasue we recently lost our donor and had a bought of the stomach flu, so the stuff we have in storage is dwindling fast.

Do I pay for a cooler for you? Do I need dry ice?
spunkymom
spunkymom

http://glutenfreefantasy.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Willing to Ship or Pickup Empty Willing to Ship or Pickup

Post by adamsfamily531 Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:11 am

Hi, I live in NC, I have a little bit of milk that I have been pumping as I see fit. I have always wanted to donate, but I'm not sure how, or if I'll be able to. I am a mother of two beautiful children, Peyton is 2, and Chase is 7 weeks. I breastfed Peyton for 10 months, and I plan on breastfeeding Chase for a year at least. I have been pumping about 8 oz. per pumping session, one session per day. I would like to increase to 2 sessions per day, so I can keep one, and donate the other. However, I don't know if I will be able to, so I don't want to make a commitment and then break someone's heart. All I can offer is my very best effort. I am a non-smoker, I don't drink, and I take prenatal vitamins every day.

A little bit about me: I student taught in NY when I was pregnant for Peyton, and gave birth to her a month after I graduated from SUNY Oswego. I taught first grade last school year. I found out I was pregnant for Chase, and then found out a week later that the budget was cut, and my position would be eliminated. So now, I am enjoying my time as a SAHM with my two gorgeous babies! Smile

Oh, my pumped milk has been stored in BM bags, in my freezer (that is attached to my fridge). I usually store in 4 oz. increments, but we can work out whatever you need. Anyway, let me know if you would like me to try to pump for you! I'd be glad to try!
Willing to Ship or Pickup 0040

adamsfamily531

Back to top Go down