MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lactaid users

3 posters

Go down

Lactaid users Empty Lactaid users

Post by lanamama Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:19 pm

For those of you who use the lactaid, how do you find it easiest to use? I've been nursing my 10 wk old with it and find that he constantly pops off and takes him forever to eat. Any advice/

thanks

lanamama

Back to top Go down

Lactaid users Empty Re: Lactaid users

Post by kpeoples11 Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:43 am

Make sure you are using the right size tubing, he might be prefering a faster flow. Also you can compress the container to give him little 'gushes' to encourage him to pay attention to his 'end of the bargain' Wink Also, my son is 11 months so I can't remember exactly when he started doing this, but at some point, babies become 'distracted nursers', where they wanna latch, suckle, pop off and check stuff out (back and forth etc). It can be a little frustrating but in my experience as well as having heard from other mums, there comes a time when a quiet and maybe even dark space is necessary for some feeds when their attention just seems to not stick to nursing straight through. Eventually their senses are so keen that ANYTHING can get them to pop off and look. Hope this might help Smile

kpeoples11

Back to top Go down

Post by adbaker0818 Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:41 pm

Have you checked for tounge or lip tie? My lo would pop off ALL THE TIME until we got that corrected, now she latches like a champ, even when I'm using the SNS. I didn't know that popping off all the time wasn't normal. Smile
adbaker0818
adbaker0818

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down