MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Large supply of milk to donate from Eastern WA!

2 posters

Go down

Large supply of milk to donate from Eastern WA! Empty Re: Large supply of milk to donate from Eastern WA!

Post by springvegan Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:28 am

Milk has been given a good home. Thanks! I will post again when I collect more! Wink

springvegan

Back to top Go down

Large supply of milk to donate from Eastern WA! Empty Re: Large supply of milk to donate from Eastern WA!

Post by rivvlikins Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:11 am

Actually, I just talked to DH, and he says we would probably be able to come out and get it! I will send you my contact info and our story in a message.

rivvlikins

Back to top Go down

Post by rivvlikins Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:01 am

Is there any way you would be willing to ship to Snohomish area? I am very interested, but we can't afford to drive out Sad We can, however, afford shipping and packaging costs!

rivvlikins

Back to top Go down

Large supply of milk to donate from Eastern WA! Empty Large supply of milk to donate from Eastern WA!

Post by springvegan Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:41 pm

I have about half my freezer full of breast milk I've collected since the birth of my daughter 7-4-11, that I have not needed to use. I don't know the exact amount, but I will count it before donating so you can plan ahead. It is stored in 2-5 oz portions, mostly 3 oz bags. During the first few months, I pumped daily, afraid I might lose my supply, but now it seems I've been blessed with making too much! She gets all she needs directly from the breast, but I must still occasionally pump at night to keep from exploding when she sleeps too long! Surprised

During my hospital stay, after giving birth, I was given Ibuprofen for pain, which I took for about a week. After that, I did have to go on a prescription of antibiotics & acetaminophen for a breast infection (mastitis) about a week after the birth. I asked several times if breast feeding and storing my milk was still okay to do during that time, and I was assured by multiple doctors that it was harmless to my breast milk and baby. Nevertheless, I thought I should mention it. Other than that, I only take a prenatal vitamin (Rainbow Light Prenatal One, food-based vitamin) everyday. I am quite healthy, no diseases of any kind, and have been recently tested (because of previous infertility problems, my husband & I were tested for everything under the sun)! I eat organically as much as possible, I am also vegan (eat no animal products), so for the benefit of anyone who knows their baby is allergic to dairy, that might be a plus. My daughter, who is now 5 months old, is extremely healthy too, having survived only on my breast milk. Wink

I live in the Walla Walla valley (lower corner of WA) so if anyone in this remote area needs a supply of milk (or wants to travel to get it), I would be more than happy to donate! It took us several years to get pregnant, and needed to reach out for help many times, so being able to help another couple or baby in need would be gratifying. santa

springvegan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down