MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you deal with this?

2 posters

Go down

How do you deal with this? Empty How do you deal with this?

Post by Feb2011Mom Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:38 pm

I have been donating since April this year. Most of the recipient moms have offered to replace the bags used and even if someone doesn't, I gently remind them and they either replace the bags or send me an equivalent amount of money later. In case I have made small donations (less than 30 bags), I myself refused the money offered for the bags.
I have had a recent experience in which someone did not replace the bags even though they said they would - after my husband spent more than 2 hours driving on a hot day for giving the milk while I stayed back home with a toddler running 102.5 fever and a 4-month old. It is not the amount of money that matters, it is the dishonesty which strikes you. It was as a child we were taught - When someone says Sorry or Thank You, Mean it or Don't say anything at all! Why would someone say we will replace the bags, pay for shipping, pay for packaging materials only to choose to not to do so when the time comes? I can understand and will even appreciate if a recipient comes and says upfront - Hey, we need your milk for our baby, but are too poor to pay for the bags/cooler etc. In this case, I know what to expect and will be happy to donate the bags along with the milk and cooler.

Anyway, coming to my original question of how to deal with this kind of situation, I decided to move on. But really, couldn't the recipients be a little bit more honest about their situation?

Feb2011Mom

Back to top Go down

How do you deal with this? Empty Re: How do you deal with this?

Post by Barbara Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:12 pm

Could you email them and say "oh, I think my husband forgot to pick up the money/bags that you were replacing. Here's my paypal address for you to send money when you get a chance"?

Next time so you don't feel burned perhaps ask for reimbursement up front from paypal. Then you know it is taken care of.

So sorry. I hope this doesn't ruin your experience and you find a recipient who appreciates your efforts and sacrifice.

Barbara

Back to top Go down

Post by Feb2011Mom Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:46 pm

No, it didn't ruin my overall experience; as I said I moved on :-) About asking this mom for reimbursement I don't want to sound like begging. I mean, shouldn't just emailing them beforehand when we are discussing all the details be enough? and anyway, it wasn't about the money.
Thanks for the suggestion about paypal...May be something to consider in future.

Feb2011Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down