MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SE Portland Donor Available

4 posters

Go down

SE Portland Donor Available Empty Replenished, so More Milk Available

Post by nursingnursepdx Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:34 am

I donno if it's genetics, diet, luck, or my fenugreek tea drinking early on, but somehow I've been lucky enough to feed my 4 month old and donate and end up with my freezer full again.

I'd like to donate again. I think I like the freeze a bunch and then donate a bunch all at once. It's hard to imagine anything else working into my crazy schedule.

My coworker had twins back in December, and I know she had an especially rough time. If possible, I'd like to donate to a parent(s) of twins. And I know breast milk is very important for the first year at least, but I'd like to donate to as new of a baby as possible. I remember those first few weeks and how crazy stressful it can be.

I'll check back here for the next several days. I usually only come on when I have milk to share because when my stores are low I feel like I need to save it for my baby. I can't say it's rational, my making more seems inevitable at this point but I get weirdly protective of my milk if the freezer's low. And sad that I can't donate to more people. So anyway, lemme know if you need milk. I've got some in small portions 2-3 oz, and when I ran out of smaller medela/lasinoh milk bags I used ziplock freezer bags. And I've got some frozen in 30 oz portions in some of those bags. I'll probably save those bigger bags for any older kids that might need milk... it's only good for 24 hours after you defrost it, and an older babe is more likely to be able to eat that much. Anyway, I have a lot, so pm me as soon as you can.

and congrats, new parents. <3

nursingnursepdx

Back to top Go down

SE Portland Donor Available Empty Re: SE Portland Donor Available

Post by leahspelling Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:48 pm

Hello,

If you still have any extra milk left we would love some from our brand new baby girl we had on thursday. Her name is Sage and she isn't getting enough breast milk. We have been discouraged and are looking for ways to get her breast milk at least for a little while at first so she can get a healthy and natural start to life.
Please email me at randy@beinginflow.com. Thank you so so so much for donating even if it is not to us. It is a wonderful thing you are doing!

leahspelling

Back to top Go down

Post by mariagarrity Thu May 26, 2011 9:33 pm

Thank you so much and please let me know if it doesn't work out with the other mamas. Thank you!

mariagarrity

Back to top Go down

Post by nursingnursepdx Thu May 26, 2011 9:52 am

I messaged a couple people back and am working on finding some of my blood test results. Let me see if me and the two people I've messaged work out, and if not, I may still have extra milk.
<3

nursingnursepdx

Back to top Go down

Post by mariagarrity Tue May 24, 2011 11:34 am

Hi nursingnurse,

Thanks for posting to the forum! I would love it if you donated your milk to my 5 month old baby girl. I have hypothyroidism and struggle with milk supply even though I work with a lactation consultant and take herbs and medication. Because of the generosity of donors such as yourself, I have managed to keep my little one formula free and hope to continue to do so. Please contact me at 503-789-3687 or maria.aron@mac.com.
Thank you,
Maria

mariagarrity

Back to top Go down

Post by Medschoolmama Tue May 24, 2011 9:39 am

I'm interested!! Can we please meet. I have 10 week old twins and they cannot tolerate formula. Please email me at awessy@gmail.com. Or call at 541-840-9759. Thank you!

Medschoolmama

Back to top Go down

SE Portland Donor Available Empty SE Portland Donor Available

Post by nursingnursepdx Mon May 23, 2011 11:51 pm

I'm not sure what kind of commitment I can offer. But I do have a lot of milk now - our freezer's bursting at the seams. And I'm freezing about 20 oz a day, although I think after tomorrow I will absolutely have taken over every square inch of the freezer.

I'm going to pump as long as I can. I do go back to work Sunday!!! and I'm not sure how my baby and my work are going to balance exactly. I'm a nurse and I work 7 days in a row with 7 days off in a row.

No cigarettes. Multivitamin (prenatal) once a day. Iron tab and fish oil supplement every other day. Probably eat too much butter. Good blood pressure and heart rate though and good cholesterol although it's been a while since that was checked. Tested negative for all diseases during my perinatal screenings. I drink coffee in the morning. Alcohol rarely (had one drink today at my knitting group about 30 minutes after I pumped, didn't pump again for about 5 hours). I do eat broccoli etc and my baby does sometimes have gassy issues... I avoid beef from non-local places and try to eat organic when I can.

I'm not sure what else a recipient might want to know, but if you have questions, let me know.

I'm out of Lasinoh/Medela freezer bags and have been freezing milk in cubes and putting 'em in ziplock bags, or even skipping the cube stage. If we work something out on a future basis, I don't plan on buying more Medela/Lasinoh bags so if you want milk that way you would need to provide that. Also, I'd probably want to meet you at a coffeeshop the first time, and then maybe have you pick up the milk at my house in the future.

Good luck, fellow parents <3

Oh! I'm in my early 30s, and my baby is 3 months old, in the 99 percentile for height, and I think it's 86% for weight.

nursingnursepdx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down