MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there anywhere else to look/post??

5 posters

Go down

Is there anywhere else to look/post?? Empty Is there anywhere else to look/post??

Post by Alaineoconnor Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:42 am

I have been searching for milk for do long and I usually end up getting enough to last us a couple weeks. When we start nearing our end, I have blights of panic that we are going to be out and not find more and my daughter will start vomiting again. I post on eats on frets, human milk for human babies, and here. Is there anywhere else I could be looking? I'm too leery to try craigslist... Too many Lifetime movies.. Lol, but seriously, there has to be other ways?

Alaineoconnor

Back to top Go down

Is there anywhere else to look/post?? Empty Re: Is there anywhere else to look/post??

Post by kathy.rosegarden Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:16 am

Have you considered getting it shipped? Both of my long term donors were moms from out of state and I got over half of the milk from them. Locally I was lucky enough once to get 900 ounces but the rest were much smaller amounts. Maybe that's not an option for you.

oops...just saw that you posted in willing to ship Smile
kathy.rosegarden
kathy.rosegarden

Back to top Go down

Is there anywhere else to look/post?? Empty Re: Is there anywhere else to look/post??

Post by cmarino79 Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:37 am

I totally understand how you feel! It can be very nerve racking not knowing where your next donation is going to come from, especially if your child can't tolerate formula. Those three are the only sights I know of...for me I find that checking the sites frequently and not only posting my needs but PM'ing any mommas with milk in my area has been the best way to source milk for our family...I'm not sure if your waiting until you are low to begin searching, but constantly reaching out to donors even when we have several weeks of milk in the deep freezer has kept me from getting super stressed about running out of milk. This has worked well for us especially since we cannot afford to have milk shipped and really need to find donors locally. It's a lot of work checking the sites so often, PM'ing donors and driving all over SoCal but it's been worth it to meet so many amazing women and see my son thrive on their milk Smile Not sure if your already doing this, but I just thought I'd share what's working for us...there have definitely been weeks were I have felt discouraged and haven't had any luck...but then viola I'd connect with a donor...so be patient and persistent! Good Luck Smile
cmarino79
cmarino79

Back to top Go down

Post by Bekki&Evelyn Mon May 16, 2011 5:32 pm

There's another milk sharing network that is based on Facebook called Human Milk For Human Babies. http://www.humanmilk4humanbabies.com/ Click on the Community Pages tab and select your state. Smile It's a pretty big and active network, with LOTS of press coverage!
Bekki&Evelyn
Bekki&Evelyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaineoconnor Mon May 16, 2011 8:25 pm

Yes, I'm posted on Eats on Feets, Human Milk 4 Human Babies, and here. I'm posted in several neighboring states and a couple others just because they have a lot of activity...

Alaineoconnor

Back to top Go down

Post by eddiejames77 Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:51 am

Have you tried Cafemom.com or Craigslist.com ??? Cafemom.com has a breastfeeding group you can join and the administrator for this website, Milkshare.com also runs that website too... But you just need to create an acct w/ cafemom.com I've posted the need for milk for my sick daughter and I've had several hits w/i a 2 week period off that website... you can also go thru Facebook and in the top search the words "breast milk donation " "milk to donate" keywords like those can help to pull up a post someone may personally have on their own page and you could always have luck there. Just a few thoughts... Smile
eddiejames77
eddiejames77

http://www.milkformiley.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down