MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

100's of ounces of milk to donate...slight zoloft use though - Piscataway

2 posters

Go down

100's of ounces of milk to donate...slight zoloft use though - Piscataway Empty Re: 100's of ounces of milk to donate...slight zoloft use though - Piscataway

Post by marybordwell Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:57 pm

That would be awesome:) I live in Gorham, NY. It's approximately 15-30 mins from Clifton Springs, Geneva, Canandaigua, Penn Yan, etc I can meet you however you go to get to Canada! Do you take the thruway? We can just pick an exit and I will be there:) This is really nice of you:)

Just in case you are wondering why I am looking for donor milk for my son.... Due to my Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (both are endocrine disorders) I was unable to produce very much breastmilk. I tried all the teas, presciption meds, herbs, and even a $1600 double electric hospital grade pump that WIC lent to me. I still only got 5 oz PER DAY. I didn't realize I was only make that much at first. My son was labeled failure to thrive at 1 mth old....he hadn't hit his birth weight (9 lbs, 2 oz) yet. So, we had to resort to other ways. I had a wonderful donor that was located at Fort Drum, but her supply dwindled:( My son has allergies that would cause bronchitis, ear infections etc if he was not on breastmilk. His father was also exposed to PCB's. PCB's are a chemical. The children of parents who were exposed to this chemical have severly increased odds of learning disabilities and MR, etc. Upon doing some research on the subject I found a study that claimed that of the kids in the study, NONE of the breastfed kids had ANY negative effects from the exposure. There was a certain percentage of the kids exposed but formula fed that had the issues. I just wanted you to know why I put up with the negative remarks from soooo many people over my choice for my son. And thank you so much! Even if, in a month or so, it doesn't work out for us......just donating is wonderful. So many moms out there wouldn't even think of donating. It just goes to show what a giving person you are.
marybordwell
marybordwell

Back to top Go down

100's of ounces of milk to donate...slight zoloft use though - Piscataway Empty Re: 100's of ounces of milk to donate...slight zoloft use though - Piscataway

Post by weimj396 Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:35 am

I am more "central" New Jersey. Piscataway.
If you'd like, maybe I could drive to meet you somewhere.. like sharing the distance?
I have no problem with that.
I have all my family in Canada and am use to long drives.
I have no idea how much shipping is.
Previously the family had an account with fedex and i'm thinking that it was VERY
expensive to ship 50lb coolers ( two each a month ! ).

Oooohhh... my husband just told me that the Finger Lakes area is about 5 hours from us.
I am planning a trip up to Canada in a month or so. With that, I can store the milk and make one mass
shipment to you... meaning stop by on our way up... so you would have no need to drive at all.
I believe you are in the Rochester area?
This could/would save a LOT of money... coolers, dry ice, shipping.

In 1 to 1 1/2 month's time I can have nearly 800 or so ounces of milk available.
Let me know.
Michelle.

weimj396

Back to top Go down

Post by marybordwell Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:10 am

What area are you located in? I just wonder if I might be lucky enough to have you close enough to me? LOL. I really don't have the money for the shipping route. Actually how much does that usually cost? I might be able to review my finances. Thank you for donating your time and milk to any and all that you have! What a wonderful gift to be giving someone! My son is also 6mths:)
marybordwell
marybordwell

Back to top Go down

100's of ounces of milk to donate...slight zoloft use though - Piscataway Empty 100's of ounces of milk to donate...slight zoloft use though - Piscataway

Post by weimj396 Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:10 pm

I might have used this title some time ago... but I now am in the clear and ready to rededicate myself to someone new.
I just spent nearly 6 months dedicating my private stash of breast milk to a set of twins. They are now weaning off and I recently sent the last shipment out.
Now.. I feel slightly lost.
Having donated nearly four thousand ounces, it is a great sense of accomplishment... but i'd like to continue.

Is there anyone out there that would like a dedicated one source monthly shipment of milk?
If and when established, this could be in 4 or 8 hundred ounce increments... shipping in 5 ounce or 10 ounce bags.. your choice. Currently I am collecting my milk in 10 ounce increments. Probably have about 150 or so ounces ready to go now.

Yes, I have slight Zoloft use, but it is proven that there is little to NO effect on the milk.
Otherwise, I do not drink or smoke, and eat a relatively healthy diet that is NOT dairy free.
Sorry but I do enjoy a nice tall glass of milk from time to time !

My son is 6 months old. I exclusively breast feed him.
I have plenty to spare.

Michelle.

weimj396

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down