MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seeking milk locally in MA/RI possiblity in CT/NH/VT

2 posters

Go down

Seeking milk locally in MA/RI possiblity in CT/NH/VT Empty Re: Seeking milk locally in MA/RI possiblity in CT/NH/VT

Post by SuperMommywith5kids Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:08 pm

I think I need to hold off on getting the milk from you for now. My 6 mo. old has been getting milk from a local milk donor that makes tons of milk for the last 3 1/2 mos. The milk donor told me she was done donating milk to me. I was soo nervous I wasn't going to have enough breast-milk for my son. That is when I joined milkshare. After I joined milkshare the milk donor then contacted me telling me it would take her time to wean, because she makes soo much milk. Her baby is 8 mos. old and not taking as much breast-milk anymore. Everything she has saved in her freezer will be saved for her son. Now everything that she is pumping she is saving for my son. She is now pumping 4-5X a day. It's going to take her 4-5 weeks to wean from pumping. I'm not sure how long I'm going to have extra milk for. If the milk is possibly still available when I need the milk I'd love to talk then. For now I am good though. In the future I will certainly be looking for milk donations though.

Thank-You for getting back to me...
Kelley
SuperMommywith5kids
SuperMommywith5kids

Back to top Go down

Seeking milk locally in MA/RI possiblity in CT/NH/VT Empty Re: Seeking milk locally in MA/RI possiblity in CT/NH/VT

Post by bananacake Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:22 pm

I might have some milk, frozen within a day or two of pumping, from mid-Dec to current. I have a 2.5 month old.
I might also have some in the future. I'm only pumping once a day, producing about 5 oz. I'm in Boston.

bananacake

Back to top Go down

Seeking milk locally in MA/RI possiblity in CT/NH/VT Empty Seeking milk locally in MA/RI possiblity in CT/NH/VT

Post by SuperMommywith5kids Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:17 pm

Hi,
My name is Kelley. I have 5 children. The ages of my children are 10, 8, 5, 3 and 6 mos. I am a SAHM and homeschool my older children. I have low-supply as I always have with my children. I have tried my best with all of my kids with making milk. Unfortunately, my kids had formula as I didn't know much information about donor breast-milk at the time with my other children. I feel like with my 5th baby here I have been given a 2nd chance. I'm still not giving up at making more milk for my son. I use the SNS. I'm also taking domperidone as well as metformin to try to help my supply. The metformin hopefully is helping to build breast tissue for me as recently the lactation consultant mentioned that maybe I don't have enough tissue for the milk to store to provide enough milk for my son. My son did get formula for 6 days before someone approached me when they found out I had low-milk supply. This mom was able to provide my son with over 8 gallons of breast-milk. After that I was able to locally get donor milk from a mom that I met through a friend. I was getting 200 oz. of milk from her every week which lasted my son 1 1/2 weeks. She is an exclusive pumping mama. Unfortunately, she is no longer going to be providing milk as her family and work status has currently changed. I want to continue to give my son the opportunity to have the best milk possible which is breast-milk. It would break my heart to give my son formula. Thank Goodness, I still have a little breast-milk left in my freezer for him. I was able to pick up locally from the other two moms. I would love to continue picking up locally if I could. I live in MA. I could pick up in MA. Other states I could also pick up from would be RI, possibly CT, possibly NH, VT depending how far they are from me. Please help me continue to provide enough milk for my 6 month old son Isaiah.

Thanks, Kelley & Baby Isaiah~ sunny
SuperMommywith5kids
SuperMommywith5kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down