MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breastmilk with extra Lipase - about 400oz, anyone feeding baby via g-tube???

2 posters

Go down

Breastmilk with extra Lipase - about 400oz, anyone feeding baby via g-tube??? Empty Re: Breastmilk with extra Lipase - about 400oz, anyone feeding baby via g-tube???

Post by jscheffl Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:33 pm

Hi Natalie,

I sent you a message. Please let me know if the milk is available.

Thank you!!

Jaimee

jscheffl

Back to top Go down

Breastmilk with extra Lipase - about 400oz, anyone feeding baby via g-tube??? Empty Breastmilk with extra Lipase - about 400oz, anyone feeding baby via g-tube???

Post by NatalieG Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:34 pm

I have about 400 ounces of breast milk in my deep freezer. I had my second child on 9/26 and have had extra milk so been pumping ever since. javascript:emoticonp('Smile') I learned I have extra lipase when my toddler got a cold and breast milk was all he had for food for 10 days... the older the milk the more 'fishy' it tastes... javascript:emoticonp('No') Unfortunately. BUT I just can't seem to just toss it and thought maybe someone has a baby being fed through a g-tube, I would be HAPPY to donate to a baby in such need. It does not taste good at all (being honest) but nutritionally there is totally nothing wrong with it... Lipase is an enzyme that helps breakdown fat in the milk, I just have more of it, and I'm not the only one out there either! Sigh.

Anyways, I eat very well, 90% home cooked meals with organic grass-fed only beef, organic chickens, farmed eggs, sprouted wheat bread, bananas, umm, raw milk when I can afford it, organic yogurts here and there, drink kambucha here and there, no coffee (only Dandy Blend), homemade sourkraut, salads (usually organic), homemade soups, stews. My diet is basically WAP (Weston A Price, check it out if not familiar). I would say mostly 99% soy free, only because some soy is hidden in dark chocolate that I RARELY get to have). I took prenatals, then some woman's vitamins both by Garden of Life. I also don't use any chemicals in my house cleaning or personal products, I drink filtered water, use coconut oil and real butter for cooking and true olive oil in my salads.

I am short on time at the moment but do email and I would Love to get back to you. I'm hoping to give this milk to a baby in need (via g-tube due to flavor of the milk). Only reason I didn't donate to a Milk Bank is because of blood work! Needles freak me out since my 1st baby born via c-section and they had to poke around looking for a vain, sigh. An added bonus second baby was born viginally, no needles! Also I haven't had antibiotics, but take Garden of Life probiotics regularly.

Sorry this is so long, wanted to include all I could think of.

Natalie
Vancouver WA Smile

NatalieG

Back to top Go down