MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone tried Lactiful??

5 posters

Go down

Anyone tried Lactiful?? Empty Anyone tried Lactiful??

Post by bluecandi Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:37 pm

I just heard about Lactiful. It sounds super awesome but Im totally leary to plunk down 100$ on something unless I have heard from someone who has tried it....though the guaranteed return is reassuring. So, have you tried it? What kind of results did you see? Did you experience side effects? Do you think it is worth the cost? Thanks mamas!!!

Candice
bluecandi
bluecandi

Back to top Go down

Anyone tried Lactiful?? Empty Re: Anyone tried Lactiful??

Post by Bekki&Evelyn Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:15 pm

Candice,

I tried Lactiful! It didn't do much for me, personally, but I stupidly went off of all of my other herbs to try it. If you're not on any other herbs, it's DEFINITELY worth a try.

I did get my money back, and it was super easy. The folks at Lactiful are super nice and understanding!
Bekki&Evelyn
Bekki&Evelyn

Back to top Go down

Post by crljmommy Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:05 pm

My son was born Jan 14, 2011. i had ordered Lactiful in advance prior to having him, and started taking it after his birth. I've been on it 4 days, and I'm getting about 3/4-1oz every 4 hours. So far, it's helped some, but not a whole lot. I'm meeting with my LC Thursday (she has been out of town) to correct our latch, but given that I've always had issues, I'm not thinking it's going to get much better. I will probably end up getting my $ back for the Lactiful. :-(
crljmommy
crljmommy

Back to top Go down

Anyone tried Lactiful?? Empty increasing low supply

Post by sullywilson Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:04 pm

crljmommy wrote:My son was born Jan 14, 2011. i had ordered Lactiful in advance prior to having him, and started taking it after his birth. I've been on it 4 days, and I'm getting about 3/4-1oz every 4 hours. So far, it's helped some, but not a whole lot. I'm meeting with my LC Thursday (she has been out of town) to correct our latch, but given that I've always had issues, I'm not thinking it's going to get much better. I will probably end up getting my $ back for the Lactiful. :-(

Hi, I too have suffered from low supply diagnosed by my LC. The most helpful thing she told me was for 2 weeks straight, nurse first and do breast compression. Keep that baby awake too! Then pump for 15 mins after every nursing. It doubled my supply (went from 1oz-2ozs pumping) in 2 weeks. Even if nothing comes out when you pump, don't worry. You shouldn't get anything. It's called insurance pumping and you are telling your body to make more in the future. But it takes time. Also you need to nurse then pump every 2 hours. I also recommend taking goat's rue (6 caps every 8 hours) from www.motherlove.com or www.amazon.com, and fenugreek and blessed thistle (4 caps each every 8 hours or until you smell like maple syrup). Lastly try and eat a bowl of oatmeal or homemade oatmeal cookies daily. Oatmeal is a real booster! Drink plenty of water. Relax, the pumping part is only for a short while in the grand scheme, and eat nutritious food to keep you going (trust me, with all the pumping your metabolism will get a big boost and you should get hungry).

After doing this, it's true, I hate my pump, but I still eat the oatmeal, drink the water, take all the herbs, and power pump (pump 10 mins, off 10 mins for an hour 1-2x a week) and it has gotten us almost totally off supplemental formula. You can do it! Breast milk is SOOO worth it!

sullywilson

Back to top Go down

Post by marybordwell Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:05 pm

I tried Lactiful. I didn't work for me either:( I think it depends on the REASON for low supply. Mine was all hormonal due to endocrinology issues. Domperidone (Motilium) got me up to 5 oz/day pumping, but that's all I was ever able to do. Kinda sad....
marybordwell
marybordwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum