MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for milk for my six week old son

3 posters

Go down

Looking for milk for my six week old son  Empty In Atlanta Jan 7-11 and welcome to have ALL of my breastmilk!

Post by amyhunt22 Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:44 pm

If you need milk, I'll be in Atlanta for a conference this Saturday thru Wednesday and will be pumping to maintain my supply while away from my 7 mo old. He's got plenty here and I don't plan on shipping it back home. PM me and I can give you info on where I'll be.

amyhunt22

Back to top Go down

Looking for milk for my six week old son  Empty Re: Looking for milk for my six week old son

Post by momoftwo Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:26 am

AmarieH wrote:Are you still looking for milk? I live in Jacksonville, FL and am looking for a local family, but really just a family in need. My son rejects my nursing directly as well. So I am exclusively pumping, back at work, and ready for th long haul. I have a huge freezer full of milk so...

Yes, I am always looking for milk for him. I will message you. Thank you for considering us. Smile

momoftwo

Back to top Go down

Looking for milk for my six week old son  Empty Re: Looking for milk for my six week old son

Post by AmarieH Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:07 pm

Are you still looking for milk? I live in Jacksonville, FL and am looking for a local family, but really just a family in need. My son rejects my nursing directly as well. So I am exclusively pumping, back at work, and ready for th long haul. I have a huge freezer full of milk so...

AmarieH

Back to top Go down

Looking for milk for my six week old son  Empty Looking for milk for my six week old son

Post by momoftwo Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:38 pm

Hello everyone,

I am the mother of a six-week-old boy named Alejandro. He is my second child. I was unable to produce enough for his sister four years ago due to multiple breast surgeries (to remove benign tumors) and suspected insufficient glandular tissue. I was fortunate with her that I received breast milk donations through MilkShare (the Yahoo group at the time) and through some generous friends. This time around, none of my friends are currently lactating and I unfortunately still cannot produce enough for my beloved son. I currently supplement him with organic formula using at-breast supplementers (Lact-Aid and SNS). I try to give him every meal at the breast because my daughter rejected me completely at three months because of nipple confusion, and I was heartbroken by this. Sad I became an exclusive pumper after this, and I really hated it (though I did it for 18 months) -- I would like to avoid this scenario this time around. When I need a break, my husband finger-feeds him using the same devices I use at the breast. I try not to take many breaks, and so far, my son loves to nurse (thank goodness). Smile

What I'm looking for is a local donor willing to give us donated breast milk and also someone who would potentially be willing to nurse Alejandro directly, if you wish. I would like for us to get to know one another and become friends. I would be willing to pay for the necessary blood tests if you don't already have them. If you have them available, I would like to see the results so that I'm reassured of HIV negative status, as well as STD-free status. I don't have any special dietary needs -- dairy is fine, gluten is fine, etc... I am pretty flexible about medications as well, except some -- like opiates -- could potentially be fatal to a baby, so I can't accept milk that has opiate/opioid pain killers. Let me know what medications you take, and I'll look it up.

I live in Decatur, and I would be willing to pick up milk pretty much from anywhere in the Atlanta metro area (and beyond, if necessary). I know what a sacrifice it is to pump milk, so I greatly appreciate any and all donors and donations. THANK YOU for being so generous with your precious milk!! cheers

momoftwo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down