MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOMES FOUND, sorry / Need home for freezer full of breastmilk - Vancouver, WA

4 posters

Go down

HOMES FOUND, sorry / Need home for freezer full of breastmilk - Vancouver, WA Empty hi sara

Post by melanieannabel Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:36 pm

it sounds like you may already have found a recipient for your milk, but if not we also live in vancouver. i'm the mom of two amazing 12 week old twins, violet and kieran, and i'm unable to produce milk. i'd love to tell you more about our situation if you're interested in connecting. thanks so much! melanie (melanieannabel@earthlink.net)

melanieannabel

Back to top Go down

HOMES FOUND, sorry / Need home for freezer full of breastmilk - Vancouver, WA Empty Re: HOMES FOUND, sorry / Need home for freezer full of breastmilk - Vancouver, WA

Post by jojismama Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:41 am

hi sara! i just sent you a pm. thanks!!!

jojismama

Back to top Go down

HOMES FOUND, sorry / Need home for freezer full of breastmilk - Vancouver, WA Empty Re: HOMES FOUND, sorry / Need home for freezer full of breastmilk - Vancouver, WA

Post by Luke'sMom Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:59 pm

Hi Sara,

My name is Jennifer, and am the mom of little Luke. My husband Mike and I adopted Luke in October a few days after he was born, and we've been so fortunate to be able to provide him with some breast milk since then -- all thanks to the many wonderful women who have donated through MilkShare.

I really appreciate your concern and attention to the medical and legal issues involved with milk donation -- it's so important that all parties feel comfortable, respected, and appreciated. I've read through your posting carefully and agree that a disclaimer is good (we have worked with other donors to do the same), and would be happy to participate in that process. The one request that our family has is that we be allowed to take a photo of you with Luke (or else have you give us another photo of yourself), so that we can add it to the scrapbook album of "Donor Moms" that I am creating for Luke. When he is old enough, I want him to see and understand some of the goodness that exists in the world that has touched him -- all the wonderful women that have selflessly and generously contributed to his life so that he can have an opportunity to grow big and strong.

We live in Seattle, but would be thrilled to drive down to Vancouver to meet you and receive your donation, if it is still available.

Thank you so much for you posting to MilkShare and for being a part of this community -- you are sharing a gift greater than words can say.
Luke'sMom
Luke'sMom

Back to top Go down

HOMES FOUND, sorry / Need home for freezer full of breastmilk - Vancouver, WA Empty HOMES FOUND, sorry / Need home for freezer full of breastmilk - Vancouver, WA

Post by SaraM Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:20 pm

I am in the process of being screened to be a milk bank donor but have a freezer full (40+ bags) of breastmilk collected since my son's birth in August that I need to find a home for. My earliest milk is at the 5-month storage limit so I would like to find a home ASAP so I don't have to chuck it. All milk has been frozen within 24 hours of collection, initially stored in a separate freezer of my refrigerator and then moved to a deep freezer.

Unfortunately, the milk bank can not accept my stored milk because I take Prevacid for acid reflux and I can only donate milk that has been collected 5 hours AFTER taking the medicine. I've taken Prevacid for years, and my own son is getting fed with the same breastmilk. Both my pediatrician and OB are fine with the medication. For this early milk that I've stored, I can not guarantee what time of day it was collected, therefore, I can not be certain that it was collected 5 hours after taking Prevacid.

Since I am in the process of being screened to become a milk bank donor, I have not had my blood tests performed yet. I will be happy to obtain health history from my Pediatrician and OB, and can provide the Donor Screening Form that I filled out for the milk bank. I will also consider blood testing specficially for you if you are interested in arranging for the cost.

I live in Vancouver, WA, in case there is anyone local, which is my preference for at least the earliest of the milk. I would also be willing to ship.

After reading the forum on liability concerns, I would appreciate the recipient working with me to come up with a short disclaimer that works for both of us. Something similar to the following:

"I,(recipients name), have had the chance to ask whatever questions I had about the donor's(donor's name) lifestyle and health history and they have been answered to my satisfaction. I understand that there are risks associated with breast milk sharing and I agree to hold the donor(donor's name) faultless for any possible negative effects of breastmilk sharing.

I,(donor's name), agree that the information I have provided regarding my lifestyle and health history is true and accurate to the best of my ability."

Thanks for your time in reading this! As a new donor, I wanted to try to cover any questions or concerns right up front -
Sara
Vancouver, WA

Last edited by SaraM on Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : homes found for breastmilk, trying to figure out how to delete post)

SaraM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down