MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for milk for our darling adopted baby girl - north of Seattle

2 posters

Go down

Looking for milk for our darling adopted baby girl - north of Seattle Empty Re: Looking for milk for our darling adopted baby girl - north of Seattle

Post by hobbsandbean Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:24 pm

Hi! I'm back again, looking for more help. We are so thankful! Keelah is doing amazingly well, no constipation AT ALL anymore, yay! She is now taking about 30 ounces a day and we have been blessed beyond measure with so much milk for her. However, the freezer is getting empty now and I'm hoping to find some more mamas that can help us. I'm willing to drive pretty far for milk, and able to reimburse for bags and such. And, just for good measure, here's a newer picture of the sweet recipient...

Looking for milk for our darling adopted baby girl - north of Seattle IMG_5518

hobbsandbean

Back to top Go down

Looking for milk for our darling adopted baby girl - north of Seattle Empty thank you for the help, and still in need!

Post by hobbsandbean Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:22 am

Hello all! First off, thank you to the lovely mamas who have been so generous with our family. Keelah is rarely constipated now and so, so, so much happier. Thank you!!! We are still in need to keep up with the 20 or so ounces of supplements that she needs each day, so we're still looking for more giving mamas. Thank you so much!

hobbsandbean

Back to top Go down

Looking for milk for our darling adopted baby girl - north of Seattle Empty Re: Looking for milk for our darling adopted baby girl - north of Seattle

Post by hobbsandbean Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:32 pm

The Alderwood Mall area would be way easy for me - just let me know, we are pretty flexible. Thank you so much!!!

hobbsandbean

Back to top Go down

Post by suz Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:19 pm

okay, we are probably 40 minutes south of Marysville. just south of Lynwood actually. probably this wknd would work best, if you can wait that long. we could meet in the alderwood mall area or something.

suz

Back to top Go down

Post by hobbsandbean Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:21 pm

Yessss! I am in Marysville and would love to drive to Seattle to pick up milk! Let me know what would work best for you. Feel free to call my cell (425.374.9659) or email me (hobbsandbean@gmail.com) or pm to set something up. THANK YOU!!

hobbsandbean

Back to top Go down

Post by suz Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:56 pm

where do you live? i am a few miles north of seattle. my sweetie is 14 months, and i have a freezer stash that i don't think i can use. we are both very healthy, no smoking, occasional glass of wine or beer (but NEVER before pumping). i do drink ~2-3 cups of coffee/ day, but it's half decaf, so really more like 1- 1.5 cups. occasional diet coke, but otherwise a pretty healthy diet. i was tested for HIV, Hep. B, etc before getting pregnant, and have never engaged in any sort of risky behavior. i'm trying to quit pumping, so probably can't do a long term donation, but would love to see my milk that i worked so hard for go to good use. i would prefer to have a donor come pick up the milk or meet me somewhere nearby as i am really busy. let me know if interested.

suz

Back to top Go down

Looking for milk for our darling adopted baby girl - north of Seattle Empty Looking for milk for our darling adopted baby girl - north of Seattle

Post by hobbsandbean Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:58 pm

Hello!

We are finalizing the adoption of our sweet little Keelah right now. She is 3 1/2 months old and we were able to bring her home from the hospital when she was 2 days old. We have three other kids that are bios that I nursed for at least a year each and I induced lactation for Kee as much as I could in the six weeks we knew about her before her birth. She's a fantastic little nurser, but I am not producing enough to avoid supplementing her, and she is really struggling with the other options. We've tried just about every formula we can find and all of them resulted in a lot of constipation, gas and spitting up. She's now on a goat milk formula that has helped with everything except the constipation. The poor little thing screams when she finally goes and it's so sad. No I would LOVE for her to be exclusively on breastmilk and am doing what I can to increase my supply - domperidone, fenugreek and extra pumping, but it's just not cutting it. I'm not sure I'll be able to get my supply any higher than it is due to the busyness of life with four littles as well as homeschooling.

So, any generous mamas out there that would like to donate to little Keelah? We would be so appreciative of the gift for our baby. Please feel free to respond to this thread, email ( hobbsandbean@gmail.com ) or private message me. And for good measure, here is a picture of the would be recipient - look at what a dolly she is! Who can resist?! Very Happy

it's a smile!

Last edited by hobbsandbean on Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total

hobbsandbean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down