MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Want to donate in Hampton Roads, Gluten/Dairy/Soy-Free but taking meds

2 posters

Go down

Want to donate in Hampton Roads, Gluten/Dairy/Soy-Free but taking meds Empty Re: Want to donate in Hampton Roads, Gluten/Dairy/Soy-Free but taking meds

Post by Jodibug Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:11 am

Please don't feel bad, I certainly understand. As a mama who makes very little milk I can't imagine parting with even an ounce so I know where you are coming from. And please find comfort in knowing that my baby is not sickly or in desperate need of milk, it is more of a very nice to have situation than a need situation.

Jodibug

Back to top Go down

Want to donate in Hampton Roads, Gluten/Dairy/Soy-Free but taking meds Empty Re: Want to donate in Hampton Roads, Gluten/Dairy/Soy-Free but taking meds

Post by chloexchloe Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:32 pm

Please accept my humble apologies but it seems my circumstances have changed, and I must withdraw my offer. My supply must have regulated as I am no longer able to pump anything out. I also seem to have underestimated the emotional and physical toll that might come with trying to donate my milk. I wish you the best of luck in finding a donor.

chloexchloe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodibug Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:26 am

Wow, where were you several months ago Very Happy My son has dairy, soy and peanut allergies and I had a breast reduction 4 years ago so do not have a full supply. I would love to get some of your milk, I live in Elizabeth City but could drive to NN to pick up. The only catch is that my little guy is now 13 months so I know there may be others who need the milk more and also understand that you may not want to go to the trouble to pump for such an old baby. The reason I am still seeking milk is because my son will not drink any alternative milks (almond, rice or hemp) and I am weaning off of domperidone in hopes of getting pregnant in the spring and my supply is becoming even less. Please let me know if you'd like to donate to us and if not I totally understand. Thank you for what you are doing no matter what!

Jodibug

Back to top Go down

Want to donate in Hampton Roads, Gluten/Dairy/Soy-Free but taking meds Empty Want to donate in Hampton Roads, Gluten/Dairy/Soy-Free but taking meds

Post by chloexchloe Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:15 pm

Would like to offer to donate my milk to someone locally or who would drive to Newport News to pickup. I am on a Gluten/Dairy/Soy-Free diet to breastfeed my 7 month old daughter. I do take medication daily, including Cymbalta 60 mg/day for depression, Benadryl 25mg/day, and also Fioricet or Ibuprofin as needed for migraine. My doctor has said that these are safe to continue using while breastfeeding my daughter as they are secreted in breast milk in very minute amounts. I do not have an established bank of milk yet because my daughter will not take a bottle and I had to throw out all I had stored, but I react well to pumping and will begin if I find someone interested who needs my milk. I would be willing to also eliminate peanuts in my diet if needed.

Last edited by chloexchloe on Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added peanut info)

chloexchloe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down