MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More than milk... its a heart thing!

5 posters

Go down

More than milk... its a heart thing! Empty More than milk... its a heart thing!

Post by mommymedic Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:45 pm

I began researching for a place to donate my oversupply of BM when my deep freeze was over flowing. My LC told me to donate to a milk bank. So, I began the process. But then I found milkshare. I was unsure at first but quickly found so many babies that needed this milk. My heart went out to them and I thought of them and prayed for them every time I looked into my son's eyes. I could only imagine how their parents felt wanting so desperately to give them the best, but being unable to provide BM on their own. Until I found this site, I complained about the inconvenience of pumping. After realizing this need, I became so so thankful everytime I sat down to pump. I was thankful for the opportunity to provide my son with breastmilk and thankful for my oversupply.

To date, I have donated just over 2000oz to 6 different families. Since my freezer is back to normal, I will donate to one family regularly.

It is funny how my mindset has changed since I became aware of this great need! When my supply drops at all, I begin to think of whatever I can do to increase it again. I consider a drop in supply to be days when I pump less than 60oz. LOL But in any case, on those days, I drink more water, add another pumping session and take More Milk Plus. Am I crazy? Maybe. But all I can think is the baby or babies that will benefit when my supply is at its best! It's become more than just pumping a little extra milk. These kids are in my heart! I love them even though I've never even seen most of them or met any of them. It makes me so happy when I think that something that I have a little extra of potentially helps keep my milkbaby out of the hospital and healthy. Such little effort on my part means so much to them!

My lactation consultant now knows about this site and will be passing it on!

Smile So, Pump on milk mamas! Those babies need ya!

THANK YOU, MILKSHARE!

mommymedic

Back to top Go down

More than milk... its a heart thing! Empty Re: More than milk... its a heart thing!

Post by watawata Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:15 pm

Wow, 60 oz a day? I thought I was doing well with 40 oz a day! I enjoyed reading your and other mama's stories (both recipients and donors) and they make me get motivated to keep on pumping Very Happy To me, it's a win-win situation that I know my baby is well fed, and I can even help other precious babies, too.

I just wish I knew about Milkshare sooner on my second child. (I'm feeding my third baby right now. ) Yep, we need to spread the word about Milkshare!

watawata

Back to top Go down

More than milk... its a heart thing! Empty Re: More than milk... its a heart thing!

Post by jburth7 Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:21 pm

Wow, I just have to say THANK YOU! Milkshare has made a huge difference in my life. I had breast reduction surgery and am unable to produce enough for my little girl. In the days before milkshare I would cry endlessly because I wasn't able to supply enough food for her.

Since milkshare, my baby has been on exclusively breastmilk. I am so thankful for all of you donors that take the time to pump for us. It means the world to me that people would go to all these extra lengths to help out a baby they've never met.

Thanks from the bottom of my heart for giving my little girl what I can't!

jburth7

Back to top Go down

Post by ifsogirl76 Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:42 am

WOW!!!! 60oz/day! That's amazing. I am thankful to pump 20oz/day in addition to nursing my baby. I love donating, though, and it's what keeps me pumping at night even though I'm a bit sleep deprived.

ifsogirl76

Back to top Go down

Post by mamaofmanyblessings Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:35 pm

And we love YOU too as we were a recipient of your liquid love and would do so again in a heartbeat!! Thanks so much for your selfless act of love for our precious babe.
mamaofmanyblessings
mamaofmanyblessings

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down