MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Me please (In Colorado or neighboring state)-I'm post breast reduction w/ very low milk supply

3 posters

Go down

Help Me please (In Colorado or neighboring state)-I'm post breast reduction w/ very low milk supply Empty Re: Help Me please (In Colorado or neighboring state)-I'm post breast reduction w/ very low milk supply

Post by mindylou182 Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:42 pm

I live in Colorado Springs (about 2 hours from Fort Collins). I never drink, smoke, and rarely drink caffeine. I currently only have about 24 oz of frozen milk, but can pump more if you are interested.

Let me know!

Mindy
mindylou182
mindylou182

Back to top Go down

Help Me please (In Colorado or neighboring state)-I'm post breast reduction w/ very low milk supply Empty Re: Help Me please (In Colorado or neighboring state)-I'm post breast reduction w/ very low milk supply

Post by mskirko Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:25 am

Oh, also I drink at most 1 cup of caffeine a day which I am happy to cut out if necessary.

I do not drink alcohol or smoke. I exercise daily, eat very healthy, take a prenatal vitamin, and calcium and vitamin D supplements per my pediatrician's recommendation. I am very healthy and rarely get sick.
mskirko
mskirko

Back to top Go down

Post by mskirko Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:23 am

I live in Oakland, California. The Klonipin is actually significantly reduced from what I was taking (previously was taking 2mg plus up to 1.5mg of Ativan as well as Wellburtrin and Lexapro before all while breastfeeding) and I have been reassured by my pediatrician, psychiatrist, and primary care physician that I can take this with no adverse affects to my baby. I have noticed none in her and I've basically been on this med or other similar meds since she was 7 weeks old. The only one I ever think may have affected her was Lexapro, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, full disclosure, the bottles say not to take it while breastfeeding, but the doctors all seem to think that the amount of drug that actually gets in the breast milk is low. After a lot of research, I discovered that the biggest risk of taking a benzodiazapine while breastfeeding has to do with the potential for withdrawl. Apparently if the baby ingests enough and then suddenly stops, then they can experience withdrawl symptoms. Although, I have heard varying things on this. My pediatrician and psychiatrist seemed to brush it off like it was all nonsense. Like the amount that could get in the milk was so minute that withdrawal was not possible. I also recently found another psychiatrist who said that it is actually not addictive and withdrawal is all in people's heads. So, really, you will have to do your own research and make sure.

I estimated that the cost of shipping milk (including supplies) will be around $125 (my estimate was for 25lbs from my zip code of 94160 to 47304, so it might be cheaper since you are closer) for 300 oz if you send it overnight using USPS. Apparently the milk bank costs around $625, so I guess that's a good savings. I found some ice packs online that are reusable and supposed to be easier and better than dry ice for about $10 and I would ship it in a foam cooler (maybe another $10?) in ziplock baggies ($3 maybe if I even needed $$ for these)... So let me know if you are still interested. I would love to help out!
mskirko
mskirko

Back to top Go down

Post by Apricott57 Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:54 am

Hi, I had an out of state reply but learned after doing some research on shipping cost w/ dry ice, costs would be extremely high so I declined. Where are you from. I live in COlorado.
Any effects on your breast milk from your Klonipin? Any effects on your baby?
Do you drink caffiene?
april

Apricott57

Back to top Go down

Post by mskirko Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:20 am

Hi, have you had any responses yet? I have milk, but I am taking a medication, so I'm not sure if you are interested. I take 1.25mg of Klonipin a day to sleep. Please let me know.

Thanks!
mskirko
mskirko

Back to top Go down

Help Me please (In Colorado or neighboring state)-I'm post breast reduction w/ very low milk supply Empty Help Me please (In Colorado or neighboring state)-I'm post breast reduction w/ very low milk supply

Post by Apricott57 Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:18 am

Hello. I had a breast reduction 10 years ago due to medical necessity and b/c of the surgery, I only produce about 18 ounces a day total (since I can't breastfeed). I supplement w/ formula but my poor child gets constipation from it, only getting BMs about once a week, making him very uncomfortable and fussy...NO FUN! The more you can provide, the better. Let me know. Oh, and if you live in CO or neighboring state, I'd be willing to make the drive to pick up depending on distance and the amount you have. (Shipping costs are outrageous)! Thanks!
april

Last edited by Apricott57 on Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Need to find someone local to CO or neighboring state)

Apricott57

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down