MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have an ongoing freezer stash to donate, but take some meds.

3 posters

Go down

Have an ongoing freezer stash to donate, but take some meds. Empty donated milk

Post by alisha33 Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:16 pm

I too, would happily accept your milk. I have adopted a baby girl a week and a half ago who was born 6 weeks early and am desperately looking for milk. I would pay for all the shipping/supplies. I live in st. paul so could do a pick up too. Let me know,
Alisha

alisha33

Back to top Go down

Have an ongoing freezer stash to donate, but take some meds. Empty Re: Have an ongoing freezer stash to donate, but take some meds.

Post by Unterfunco Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:56 pm

Greetings Smile

If you are willing to ship the milk I would happily pay for all supplies and shipping costs Very Happy I am in WI and have a 3 month old girl who would be endlessly appreciative!

Thanks so much,

Nicole

Unterfunco

Back to top Go down

Have an ongoing freezer stash to donate, but take some meds. Empty Have an ongoing freezer stash to donate, but take some meds.

Post by adevries Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:42 am

Since I didn't get any respones from general area, I'll post in the state I'd be donoting in and maybe you donors can tell me if you'd be interested or not... I live in West Central MN but could meet up somewhere if needed.

I am BFing/Pumping with my 3 mo old and already have a large freezer stash (250+ oz) so I wanted to look into donating my stash as I continue to add to it... the banks won't take me cause I take birth control and an allergy med daily. I'm not concerned about my meds with my child and wonder if there are others out there also that feel the same way and would take my milk? I figure if my dr is okay with prescribing it to me I'm okay with taking it.

I'm not 100% ready to donate, but in a few weeks I think I'd have 25 bags w/ 4 oz each (a few with more) to donate. I don't want my freezer packed with milk and I don't want to throw it out. My daughter is now only eating twice at daycare instead of 3, she holds out for me now so my stash is going to grow even more quickly unless this changes. I was freezing 25-30oz a wk, but last week and this will be 40+ oz.

What is most ppl's thoughts on different medications? What are most okay with and which are a definate no go out there? I definately wouldn't take something that would knowingly hurt my child, but I think since the milk banks go to NICUs and such they are rightfully more picky, but what about for the average healthy infant?

Would anyone be interested in my milk or am I just going to end up with a freezer full of milk or end up throwing a bunch out??

adevries

Back to top Go down

Have an ongoing freezer stash to donate, but take some meds. Empty Re: Have an ongoing freezer stash to donate, but take some meds.

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down