MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calgary, AB mom willing to donate

2 posters

Go down

Calgary, AB mom willing to donate Empty Interested in Edmonton

Post by Nancy Snyder Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:20 pm

Hi there,
I know I'm not in Calgary but I would be willing to drive to Calgary to pick up milk for my son Finn. He's 6 months and we've been incredibly lucky to have had a number of "milk angels" help us here in Edmonton. However, our supply is almost gone so we've been forced to increase the search area.
I'm hoping that I can keep him on donation milk until the one year mark....fingers crossed..so if you would be willing to help we would be really MOST grateful.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Warm regards,
Nancy Snyder & Finn
Edmonton
h. 780.434.8805
c. 780.885.2075

Nancy Snyder

Back to top Go down

Calgary, AB mom willing to donate Empty Calgary, AB mom willing to donate

Post by nstewart Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:02 am

Hi my name is Nikki. I am a 29 year old mom to a wonderful 8 week old son and have been blessed with oversupply and would like to help out another family with milk donation. If I don't receive any responses here I will also look into a milk bank type donation.

I am a healthy, active mom. I had a wonderful, natural labor. I don't take any medications, but I do take a daily prenatal vitamin as well as vitamin D and Omega 3 supplements. I do not have any medical conditions besides mild asthma and I don't smoke. I do have an occasional glass of wine with dinner.

I have been pumping since 3 weeks and don't have much need for expressed milk so I would be willing to donate 95% of my freezer stash and perhaps to continue to donate on an ongoing basis. I usually pump 1 extra bottle per day (currently about 4.5-5oz) at the night time feeding around 3am. I've noticed some posters are concerned about fat content in the breast milk. I can only say that my son is a happy, healthy, long, and starting to get chubby 8 week old. He was 7lbs 4oz and 19 inches at birth and by 6.5 weeks was up to 11lbs 5oz and 23 inches. I haven't weighed or measured him since then.

If I knew a family was in need on an ongoing basis and couldn't find milk I may be willing to pump more frequently if my supply and my son's appetite allow it.

I hope that I will be able to help a family in Calgary and area as I'd prefer not to ship my milk, but I am willing to do so if I don't get any local responses.

Nikki

nstewart

Back to top Go down