MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

try craigslist

+3
sammy
IzzeFloch
mommy2two+twins
7 posters

Go down

try craigslist Empty try craigslist

Post by mommy2two+twins Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:27 am

just a little tip. i have found one time donors a couple of times by posting on my local craigslist that i was looking for a donor. i got probably 15 responses, but my boys only tolerate certain diets so we had to be picky. also mention this board on there to get it going good! do be prepared though, i did get one not so nice email telling me i was a weirdo for wanting to feed my kids milk from a stranger. i just emailed them the facts and left it alone. oh, and most will be more than happy to share their blood work from pregnancy to be safe. best of all-they'll be local! just an idea i hope this can help someone!
mommy2two+twins
mommy2two+twins

Back to top Go down

try craigslist Empty Craigslist

Post by IzzeFloch Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:09 pm

Hi.... just wondering if you didn't receive something from the Craigslist moderators? I've been told by three donors that they were removed within hours of posting an offer. Maybe it's different if you post the request?
IzzeFloch
IzzeFloch

Back to top Go down

try craigslist Empty Re: try craigslist

Post by mommy2two+twins Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:17 pm

nope, i never had a flagged post or recieved anything. i wonder if it's different depending on your area? all my post said was that my twins did't tolerate formula well at all and i was looking for generous mommas who may have a stash of frozen milk or be willing to pump a little for them.
mommy2two+twins
mommy2two+twins

Back to top Go down

try craigslist Empty flagging

Post by sammy Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:11 pm

I tried posting an offer for a one-time donation on Craigslist and it was immediately flagged and removed. The Craigslist rules prohibit posts offering or requesting "bodily fluids".

sammy

Back to top Go down

Post by myblueeyedbabies Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:18 pm

hmm, I may try that to see what happens... I never thought to post a request there.
myblueeyedbabies
myblueeyedbabies

Back to top Go down

Post by myblueeyedbabies Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:39 pm

Wow there were 5 ads for breastmilk on Craigslist! All were for donations, except one. But cool! Thanks for that tip, I never even thought to look there.
myblueeyedbabies
myblueeyedbabies

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMommywith5kids Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:41 pm

If putting a post on craigslist what exactly would you write on your post.
SuperMommywith5kids
SuperMommywith5kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamaof2QTpies Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:28 pm

I have thought about craigslist, then i found this site but i'm having a problem finding somebody to give my milk to. I have 31+ oz which is not much at all, so it's not really worth shipping and can't find anybody local. I am adding to it alot more lately since i am trying to donate. I've been pumping several times a day to add to it so hopefully it wont be too long before i can get up enough to ship. I was worried about getting perverts on craigslist more than anything. I honestly wouldnt even give people the time of day if they were negative about it. I would just delete and block them from my email

Mamaof2QTpies

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMommywith5kids Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:45 pm

I've been thinking of it since reading the previous reply about craigslist. Maybe if I saw someone looking to give I'd be good with that. It makes me a little nervous asking. I already have friends and family that question that I'm crazy nevermind lots on craigslist people. Wouldn't it be great though? I think I'll take it as an option if I find nothing here. Good Luck on finding someone to take your milk. I'm sure you'll find someone. I'm too far from you or I'd love the donation!

Kelley
SuperMommywith5kids
SuperMommywith5kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamaof2QTpies Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:23 pm

PLEASE CONSIDER BEFORE USING CRAIGSLIST.
I am really freaking out right now.
Fist off I found somebody wanting milk on craigslist. So i emailed knowing that it could possibly be a perverted male.It was. I just stated that I had extra milk since my child won't take a bottle. He said someting to the effect i need a lc consultant and I need and experienced suckler such as himself and he could meet me. I deleted and blocked. But When i saw his msg it said my whole name. I was like greatall he has to do is look up my name and kansas and find me. Will not EVER be posting to craigslist again EVER. On the upside somebody replied to my post on here. I didn't really know what to say and I can't think right now b/c i'm worrying if i might have a stocker now. All i have to say is good ting we are moving next month!

Mamaof2QTpies

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMommywith5kids Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:37 pm

That is the scary thing about craigslist. There are some crazy people on there. That is what makes me scared to post something of that sort on there.

Thanks for sharing!
Kelley
SuperMommywith5kids
SuperMommywith5kids

Back to top Go down

Post by mommy2two+twins Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:24 pm

Yep, there really are some weirdos. Thankfully we live in a fairly safe place and I haven't gotten any worse than "what are you risking your babies' health for?!" emails. I think that some strange ones could register on here just as easily, we all just have to use caution when dealing with anyone over the internet. Now, I did create an account for craigslist with none of my personal information linked to it so there isn't anyway for people to track me down. I arrange, online, a public place to meet for the first time so I can see she has a real baby there, and she can see my boys so we all know we're real people with real babies, not just some weirdo who may show up on your door step. I also ask for bloodwork. I think in some ways it can be a little more secure because you CAN see the person who the milk came from. I really hope I did offend anyone or anything. It was just something that worked for me in the past. In fact, I just posted another because we are out of milk and the boys are having a horrible time on formula so we're once again looking here and on MilkShare! Here's a copy of my post. I just outlined our situation and why I'm looking.

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some generous mommies who have a stash of breast milk they are willing to donate to my twins. We have been trying everything to increase my supply including several pricey precriptions with no luck. This has been an on going battle from the day they were born. They came into the world two months early at St Luke's in Boise and spent 30 days in the NICU where they were unable to nurse so I have been pumping from the beginning. My supply never fully came in so we have been playing with formula from the start. We have yet to find anything that totally works for them. We've tried lactose-free, alimentum, soy, nutramigen and they are currently on Neocate (rx that costs $62.60/can, they go through almost 2 a day!) which is helping some, but doesn't do near what breast milk does for them. We were lucky to have a couple of donors over the past couple of months, but they have since weaned and we are back on formula. The boys immediately started screaming constantly through the day and have mucousy, bloody diarreah along with horrible gas and throwing up multiple times after each feeding. They also have GERD (explains the puking Smile ) and it gets aggrivated with the formula and causes them pain. They have never had these issues with bm so if at all possible we'd love to keep them on it as much as possible and with my situation, the only way we can do this is to use milk from wonderful, generous donors who want to help my boys. Due to their meds, bills, and formula we can't afford much, but I will certainly reimburse bags, or just buy new ones. I know this is a lot to ask, I know what it is like to spend hours a day on a pump. It's alot, it can be overwhelming, but we are hoping and praying someone out there has a stash of milk sitting in their freezer they don't know what to do with or someone has an overabundant supply and would be willing to pump some for the boys. It would be more than appreciated and would make such a difference in their little lives. Now, one thing I do ask is that you are disease free, and only take baby safe meds (Tylenol or Motrinfrom time to time, or some other meds that are considered safe are fine). I would prefer to see copies of bloodwork from your pregnancy or more recent if possible just as a safety precaution so I can see you don't have anything that will affect them. Please be honest with me, it's my babies health at stake. I know this may seem strange, but we are desperate to find something/someone to help them and it seems this is our only option. I have been scouring Milkshare with some luck, but we've ran out, so here we are on Craigslist!

We are from Twin, but moving to Meridian in two weeks. I will be down with the boys Friday and can meet up then in anyone has some ready to go along with their bloodwork. For safety reasons I would prefer to meet in a public place close to your home the first time. This is just to ensure you are real and really have a baby you are nursing. Same on your part, you can see me and my guys. There are just too many weirdo's out there to risk going to people's personal homes until you have met! I will be more than happy to reimburse for the gas it takes to get that place aswell. We'll work out whatever is most convenient for you. Thank you so much for considering us and we look forward to talking with you!
mommy2two+twins
mommy2two+twins

Back to top Go down

try craigslist Empty Creepy

Post by IzzeFloch Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:23 am

It's not just Craigslist --- I received an email the other day from a male wanting to help me produce more milk, etc. etc. etc. He read my post here on MilkShare requesting milk, and saw my email address, and used the details of my post in the email -- it really gave me such a sick feeling in my stomach. He apologized if he was offending me, said he knew how to help mamas produce more milk b/c of the way he sucks, etc. Really unpleasant to receive, even though his tone was considerate.

I have not posted on Craigslist, and wouldn't necessarily worry about it because I always list my posts as anonymous. Someone can still respond, of course, but they won't know your private email address. And as mentioned, you can always create an account on Craigslist so posting is a breeze. I looked here in Los Angeles and there are no breast milk requests or donations listed -- and this is where three mamas told me they were removed within the hour of posting. So perhaps they are more strict here than in other areas.
IzzeFloch
IzzeFloch

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamaof2QTpies Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 pm

thats kind of what this guy sounded like. wierd he said someting about driving to california n stopping on his way or something. Still really creepy. i was shaking lol. scarry stuff.

Mamaof2QTpies

Back to top Go down

Post by mommy2two+twins Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:01 pm

Yikes, I guess there's always weirdos out there and it's really scary that they're on this site too. I guess that's just why we all need to trust our instincts and use extreme caution.

On another note, I've recieved tons of responses to my post on Craigslist! No flagging yet. I have several donors lined up now who will be pumping fresh for the boys. I got some amazing women who seem genuinely excited to help us. I also got some very rude emails saying I was stupid for putting my boys in danger, but we all know better than that! I'll be screening them all of course, but as long as they have happy thriving babies, we will be happy to recieve their milk. It's so nice to know people are so open to donations. I never thought I'd be here, but now that I am, it's amazing to me the lengths women will go to help another's child!
mommy2two+twins
mommy2two+twins

Back to top Go down

Post by myblueeyedbabies Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:47 pm

I have posted my request for milk on Craigslist as well! It was never flagged and I got tons of replies. We are currently receiving 42oz per week from a super close local woman. It's obviously not enough for feeding exclusively breastmilk, but it's 2 days worth (my DD is NOT a big eater anyway) and it helps. I also have another donor mama here who gave us 400+ oz and I've got a shipment on the way! We're doing great. But i will absolutely post on Craigslist again when I'm close to running out. I got one weird guy too, offering ways to "improve" my own production. LoL.. I told him I was willing to meet him somewhere. He said "seriously?" and I said of course, my husband would love to beat you! Then told him he was an idiot if he thought any woman in their right mind would accept such a ridiculously perverted offer. Never heard from him again.
myblueeyedbabies
myblueeyedbabies

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMommywith5kids Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:02 pm

LOL What a great response! Your response certainly surprised him when you said you'd meet him. Then certainly surprised him again with your response saying your husband would beat him. LOL Good for You! No letting the perves getting away with it. How dare them? We're just trying to feed our babes. Good For You for standing up to those perves~
SuperMommywith5kids
SuperMommywith5kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamaof2QTpies Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:46 pm

LOL that's great. I didn't even think of that.

Mamaof2QTpies

Back to top Go down

Post by khmillis Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:18 am

I'd love to find someone local, but have had no luck through my grapevine of friends. On craigslist, where would you put the post? Under For Sale? Community? Personals? Services? I'd be unsure where to even look, if they allowed it where I live.
khmillis
khmillis

Back to top Go down

Post by mommy2two+twins Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:06 pm

I put mine under baby and kids. I think you're slightly less likely to get perves and more likely to get mommies who may relate.
mommy2two+twins
mommy2two+twins

Back to top Go down

Post by khmillis Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:16 pm

Sad times. I looked on the craigslist where I live and didn't see any postings. The good news is that I found a mom across the country who is wanting antibodies I can give for her little one. It's just sorta sad she's gonna have to pay so much on shipping as opposed to us all finding someone who lives closer.
khmillis
khmillis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum