MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NE PA mom looking for milk for her girls

2 posters

Go down

NE PA mom looking for milk for her girls Empty Re: NE PA mom looking for milk for her girls

Post by mel chris Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:26 pm

PM'd you!

Wow that's too bad they don't want the milk! That's great you are planning on pumping anyway!

mel chris

Back to top Go down

NE PA mom looking for milk for her girls Empty Re: NE PA mom looking for milk for her girls

Post by surroTrudy Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:38 pm

I am currently 35 weeks with a surrobaby. I only live about 30 minutes from Emmaus. I plan on pumping as long as I can after this lil one comes, and the parents are not interested in the milk so I needed to find someone to donate it to.

surroTrudy

Back to top Go down

NE PA mom looking for milk for her girls Empty NE PA mom looking for milk for her girls

Post by mel chris Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:21 am

Posting for a mom who is having trouble getting on milk share

Here is her original thread:

"I'm new to this concept. Two years ago I had a placental abruption due to placenta previa and had my little girl at 32 weeks. I had massive blood loss, my placenta had a very hard time coming out, I was borderline hysterectomy and doctor "thought he was going to lose mom and baby". I had a vertical cesarean and an infection that followed 5 days after surgery. Milk seemed to have came in fine once I started pumping but then it was gone after one week. I never had any kind of engorgement. The most I ever got (one time) was 1.5oz from both breasts. I suffered alot of guilt, formula made my daughter sick, she was ill for two years every other week from lung infections - she now has asthma and a very weak immune system. I passed my autoimmune disease to her shortly after birth and she has recovered but she still has immunity problems. I can't remember where I searched but I could not find milk donation anywhere. A couple of my friends helped me out so I could sometimes get one bottle of breast milk to my LO a day. I ended up making my own formula out of goat milk. This helped tremendously but it didn't have the human antibodies that help so much!

I'm about 5 months with another little baby girl and this pregnancy is uneventful and I'm so blessed with a healthy baby and placenta! I'm extremely worried about having no milk supply. It could be my thyroid disorder, autoimmune disease, or for the stressful experience I encountered with my first child. This baby will be preterm as I've had a vertical cesarian, coupled with my bleeding disorder I cannot give birth naturally, and they do not want me going into labor. She will be born at 36 weeks via cesarian, and will be (sniff) taken from mommy due to the fact that she will most likely be born with my bleeding disorder and will require treatment until my anti-platelet antibodies are done killing off her platelets.

I would like to store up breast milk for her (she could come earlier than expected as well) and milk for my toddler, since she has a weak immune system still. We live in Emmaus, PA. I'm new to this idea so please fill me in what details I need to know! My hubby was concerned about getting milk from other mommies so I just need some education on that :-)

Thanks for taking the time to read!

Kara"

mel chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down