MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Milk to donate--Metro Detroit, MI area

2 posters

Go down

Milk to donate--Metro Detroit, MI area Empty NEED: ALTOONA, PA 16686 - BABY GIRL BORN W/ IUGR STRUGGLING DESPERATELY NEEDS BREASTMILK ASAP!

Post by eddiejames77 Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:11 pm

Hi, I came across your post and would like to ask if the milk is still avail.? My daughter was born w/ IUGR and is severely struggling w/ her weight and growth. She's also developed colic and has had allergic reactions to every formula we've tried incl. the one she's currently using... If you still have anything avail. please contact me... I'm willing to cover the costs for shipping! incl. the cost to replace bags. Anything you have would be a big help at this point. Our daughter really needs the help! Thank you so much!!!
eddiejames77
eddiejames77

http://www.milkformiley.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Milk to donate--Metro Detroit, MI area Empty Milk to donate--Metro Detroit, MI area

Post by detroitgirl77 Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:45 pm

I have some frozen milk in my freezer to donate. All milk has been stored in my 15 cubic foot manual defrost chest freezer. Only thing is that a lot of this is older than 1 year, but it has never left the freezer, thawed out or anything like that within that time. I have had food items stored in the same freezer for over a year which has been consumed by myself and other members of my family without any problems or quality issues.

The milk I have in the freezer is dated from November 1, 2008 through October 18, 2009. This is all milk that I pumped while nursing my 2nd child. He was born on January 20, 2010. All the milk has been stored in either lansinoh or medela zipper top bags and contain 5-6 oz in each bag, which is marked with date of extraction and volume. I have shared milk through milkshare when it was on yahoo groups as well as mothering.com 3 different times as well as donated to my sister who couldn't pump enough to keep up with what her son was consuming. I have 487 oz of milk in these bags(85 total bags), as I kept detailed records of what has been stored.

I need to clear this milk out of my freezer as I just recently had my 3rd child 2 weeks ago and am needing to store excess milk for her in case I go back to work. I think I'm having an oversupply with this one as well, so I will more than likely be donating more milk again in the future. I would prefer for this milk to be picked up as with having 3 kids 4 and under, it is nearly impossible to ship. I would like to be reimbursed for my milk storage bags and pump parts(valves for my ameda purely yours) since I did have to pay for these.

Thanks!
Michelle

detroitgirl77

Back to top Go down