MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How would I got about donating my milk to someone going through chemo?

4 posters

Go down

How would I got about donating my milk to someone going through chemo? Empty How would I got about donating my milk to someone going through chemo?

Post by HeatherMarie Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:09 am

I was already a milk donor to babies, and while it was one of the most rewarding things I have done, it's time for me to move on. I don't want to abandon donating my milk completely, though. I want to start donating to someone with cancer, going through chemotherapy. Breastmilk has been known to lessen the chemo symptoms and improve respiratory function, among other things. After seeing the effects chemo and other cancer treatments can have on a person, I would love the opportunity to make it more bearable for someone fighting this battle. Any ideas on how to go about doing it? I want to find someone locally (Chicago area) and the type of cancer doesn't particularly matter, although I do have an interest in someone with pediatric or prostate cancer. I just don't know what to say when I start calling people about it. Do I tell the lady at the front desk of the hospital? Do I try to find a specific doctor that's willing to work with breastmilk? Do I start calling around to support groups? How do I not sounds like a freak when I do talk to these people? "Hi! I was wondering if you know anyone who wants to start drinking my breastmilk!" Yea, that doesn't sound too good. Smile

HeatherMarie

Back to top Go down

How would I got about donating my milk to someone going through chemo? Empty Re: How would I got about donating my milk to someone going through chemo?

Post by laura_mae99 Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:36 pm

i know the milk banks sale to them.. but thats all i know... sorry i can't help but heres a bump for anyone that might be able to help...
laura_mae99
laura_mae99

http:// http://www.modernmilksharing.com/          http:// http:

Back to top Go down

How would I got about donating my milk to someone going through chemo? Empty Re: How would I got about donating my milk to someone going through chemo?

Post by skmbuket Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:25 am

I wonder if you could contact St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital? They are the best around here for treating childhood cancer and they are located in Peoria, Illinois. Probably about a 3 hour drive for you...but they may have patients from your area as well. Please post whatever you find out...it's so interesting to hear about all the uses for breastmilk.

skmbuket

Back to top Go down

Post by potter1 Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:32 pm

there is someone in the california forum that is going through chemo and just posted today

potter1

Back to top Go down

Post by HeatherMarie Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:53 pm

Thank you so much for thinking of me, but Im looking to donate to the person actually receiving the chemotherapy. Breastmilk has been studied and proven to help with the side affects, along with many other positives that come with pairing up BM and chemo Smile I know how hard it was to see my BFF's brother pass away from brain cancer two years ago and to see how the chemo affected her mother last year, as well. I want to donate in his memory and in her honor.

HeatherMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down