MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

donated milk upsets infant

3 posters

Go down

donated milk upsets infant Empty donated milk upsets infant

Post by whitaker1979 Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:25 am

I received a substantial donation (100oz) of donor milk (not from a donor connected to this service). My babies seem to have a hard time digesting it. They have digestive issues to begin with, but they cry and arch their backs when they consume this milk. I've tried mixing it with my milk, but it still seems to upset them.

The milk is nearing 1 year old...could something be "wrong" with it due to age? Also, I noticed the donor left a lot of air in the storage bags, could this cause problems with the milk.

What is one to do in this instance? The milk came from quite a drive away, so we would be unable to return it.

We've used several donors and have never had this issue.

TIA.

whitaker1979

Back to top Go down

donated milk upsets infant Empty Re: donated milk upsets infant

Post by lizdiesel Sat May 31, 2014 5:01 pm

Hi! Im sorry to hear about your babies not taking to your donor milk. From what I know though, milk should not be kept for longer than 6 months, that is the information i got from several sources.
less than 6 months when kept above 0 degrees. So that could be why.

lizdiesel

Back to top Go down

Post by NewMommy22 Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:00 pm

Only milk kept in a deep freezer would be good for that long. You could try pasteurizing the milk. But because it's so old, I would err on the side of caution and toss it, especially since the baby is reacting badly to it.

NewMommy22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down