MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Former recipient wants to help someone

Go down

Former recipient wants to help someone Empty Re: Former recipient wants to help someone

Post by bhtimm Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:49 am

One more thing: Milk has been stored in a deepfreeze, and also I can provide lab work that was performed during this late stage of lactation that proves I'm negative for HIV and other milk-transmittable diseases. I can check with my former donor Laura and see if she has her records as well. Just to reassure people!

bhtimm

Back to top Go down

Former recipient wants to help someone Empty Former recipient wants to help someone

Post by bhtimm Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:40 am

Hi there Milkshare recipients! I am a former recipient myself. I have 3-4oz of my own milk that was frozen in October 2011 when my daughter weaned (she was 2 1/4 years old at the time). The milk was hand expressed as I stopped responding to the pump at 15 months postpartum. I also have a 5oz bag of a former donor of mine's milk that is now a year old as of 8/2/12. This was milk that my donor had pumped while she was pregnant - she was about 2 months along at that point. Her older child was still nursing and he was also a toddler (20months old) at the time her milk was pumped. She originally had low supply with her first, so she wanted to have a stash available for baby #2 in case she had to supplement. She didn't, so great for her!

So it is about 9oz total...which isn't much, but it may provide a couple feedings for a hungry baby.

I was completely drug-free at the time I expressed my milk, although I take prescription medications currently. My donor is a friend of mine on FB and I can say her milk is also safe.

I would like to find someone local in Madison as this isn't much. However I do drive to Fond du Lac for my job so I could stop along the way.

Heidi

ps. Here's a link to my Milkshare success story as well as a link to my vlog on my milkshare /low supply journey: https://milkshare.forumotion.com/f53-success-stories

bhtimm

Back to top Go down