MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bartering for Breastmilk?

5 posters

Go down

Bartering for Breastmilk? Empty Bartering for Breastmilk?

Post by kozaloc Tue May 15, 2012 4:23 am

I know this is a donation site (no selling allowed policy), but what if recipients could barter (aka: trade) services or used baby items for donor milk? (such as used baby clothes or toys)
As a donor it would be enticing to see posts from recipients offering little gifts of kindness in exchange for all the time and effort us donors put into pumping extra milk. I know I could have used those extra 20 minutes to jump in the shower but instead pumped my liquid gold.
Just a thought for those women out there looking for donor milk. Even a bouquet of flowers saying how much you appreciate your donor would be nice.
The women who spent all that time pumping want to feel appreciated in one way or another. Maybe even giving the donor monthly updates on how your baby is benefiting from their donated milk.

What do you ladies think?
kozaloc
kozaloc

Back to top Go down

Bartering for Breastmilk? Empty Re: Bartering for Breastmilk?

Post by CharityM Sun May 27, 2012 10:00 pm

I honestly think this is a fantastic idea! I would gladly offer clothes, etc for anyone willing to donate to my precious son. As a matter of fact, I just met some ladies this weekend that donated 400oz to me. I bought them a gift card so they could go out and enjoy a nice dinner on me. It was not much, but it was a small token to show my appreciation. Donors are such a blessing to those of us that cannot produce what our babies need. What a great idea!! Thanks for sharing! :-)
CharityM
CharityM

Back to top Go down

Post by kozaloc Thu May 31, 2012 11:54 pm

CharityM wrote:I honestly think this is a fantastic idea! I would gladly offer clothes, etc for anyone willing to donate to my precious son. As a matter of fact, I just met some ladies this weekend that donated 400oz to me. I bought them a gift card so they could go out and enjoy a nice dinner on me. It was not much, but it was a small token to show my appreciation. Donors are such a blessing to those of us that cannot produce what our babies need. What a great idea!! Thanks for sharing! :-)

That's so generous of you Charity! It's recipients like you that make us donors happy. If only more recipients were as giving as you maybe there would more donors out there.
Just a thought.
kozaloc
kozaloc

Back to top Go down

Post by WAmama Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:26 am

This is how we were with our donor mama's when our son was on donor milk. Flowers, the occasional gift card, playdates so they could spend a little time with him. I sort of just thought that was the norm. We're pregnant again and looking for new donors but we would never just take without little gifts to remind them they are special to us.

WAmama

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahehibbert Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:00 pm

I totally agree! I am meeting with a potential donor on Saturday. We are both looking to form a long term partnership. I plan to pay for her pumping supplies, but I also plan to send a little gift with every donation! My first thought was an edible arrangement!

sarahehibbert

Back to top Go down

Post by angel68448 Thu May 01, 2014 9:17 pm

i wish i could find someone that would do that as my little girl cant use formula and ive been barly makeing enough for her since she was born and shes always underweight so we dread going to dr apts shoot i just wish i could find a donor

angel68448

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down