MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donor in the ACT, Australia

2 posters

Go down

Donor in the ACT, Australia Empty Re: Donor in the ACT, Australia

Post by Irena Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:20 pm

HI Pixie,

So sad you did not find a recipient for you 20L. Did you end up doning lots of milk sharing this time round?

Breast wishes

Irena

Back to top Go down

Donor in the ACT, Australia Empty Donor in the ACT, Australia

Post by PixieB Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:37 pm

I've never been here before, but would love to donate if I can find a mother in need.
My first daughter was a NICU bub, born 3 months early and I expressed like a woman possessed in those 3 months, resulting in a huge oversupply. She came home fully breastfed (and is still nursing occasionally now). Whilst this was and still is a huge joy, it did result in me having to thaw and throw over 20L of milk (translates to 676+ US fluid oz) as it expired and I had noone to give it to. Was heartbreaking after all those hours spent pumping.

3 months ago I had my second daughter, perfect healthy and full term. And I'm again building up a freezer stash I can't use in hopes of having someone to donate to.
I don't smoke. I very very rarely have alcohol and never before nursing or pumping. I eat reasonably healthy, and have one or two cups of tea a day as the limit of my caffeine intake. I'm not on any medications, and irregularly take vitamin supplements (hard to remember with an enthusiastic toddler running around). I'm happy to take supplements more regularly and pump more routinely and make some dietry modifications within reason if needed.

I intend to continue nursing both my girls to child led weaning, with the goal of at least 2 years nursing for each of them, so this is a long term offer. If I can't find a taker for my milk my toddler will happily accept it in a bottle so it's not going to waste, but I'd love to give to a mama in need.
Happy to negotiate transport options.

PixieB

Back to top Go down