MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breast milk available in Elizabethtown, KY

Go down

Breast milk available in Elizabethtown, KY Empty Breast milk available in Elizabethtown, KY

Post by bobbis Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:10 am

I was pregnant with twins and one of my boys died in utero. My other son survived, but was born 6 weeks early and took about 2 1/2 months to learn how to breastfeed. Needless to say, I have A LOT of extra milk in my chest freezer. I am donating most of it to the IN Mother's Milk Bank and other organizations, but there were several months where I was taking Claritin, and this milk can't be donated, because the milk banks concentrate the milk, so that in this process, drugs that are OK during breastfeeding, like Claritin, are no longer safe because they're in a higher concentration.
I would love for this milk to go to a local baby in need. I'd hate to see this milk go to waste, both because I know how important it is to provide breast milk rather than formula, and I look at those little bottles and am reminded of the HOURS of labor that went into them!

msbobbishepard@gmail.com

Last edited by bobbis on Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add contact info!)

bobbis

Back to top Go down