MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you can help we would be thankful

2 posters

Go down

If you can help we would be thankful Empty Are still in need?

Post by SweetbabyJames Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:48 am

Are you still in need of breastmilk? I have a moderate quantity of milk frozen at my parents' home and I don't feel that I will be using all of it prior to it's expiration. My daughter was between the ages of 3-5 months when it was expressed.

SweetbabyJames

Back to top Go down

If you can help we would be thankful Empty If you can help we would be thankful

Post by Piratedogmama Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:49 am

My name is Michele. I am mother to Kira (age 4) and to Sloane (6 months). Sloane was born 5.5 weeks early on 10-05-2009. She was breech and I went into early labor. She had complications from her urgent c-section and needed to spend 22 days in the NICU. She had to have a nasogastric tube for a total of about 7 weeks and during that time had thrush, projectile vomiting, severe reflux and had to have a thicker formula. She thankfully is doing well at last and I pumped for her and froze it hoping she would one day be able to take my milk. Before her birth I prepared by having a supplemental nursing system, Lact-aid, and Domperidone to help me out. I knew I would have issues as I did with my first daughter due to a breast reduction surgery. I pumped and pumed but my supply gave out, the stress of the NICU stay and the touch and go period after to determine if she would need a feeding tube long term did us no favors. In January she was able to transition to regular formula and I was able to introduce a few ounces of my milk a day and she could tolerate it. I was so thrilled!

She has now exhausted my frozen supply. We rationed out my precious milk at a few ounces a day to make it last as long as possible. We would very much like to continue to give her some breastmilk daily. I have initiated relactation but have nothing to show for it yet. I would really appreciate your consideration of a donation for Sloane. She has been through a lot and I would like to give her the benefits of breastmilk a little longer.

Our oldest benefitted from a wonderful MilkShare donor that helped extend her mothers milk from one year I was able to give her to 18 months. It is a wonderful program, thank you all who donate. You make such a big difference to families. I forgot to add that we are in Des Moines, IA.

Michele

Piratedogmama

Back to top Go down