MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're almost out! Can anyone donate?

2 posters

Go down

We're almost out! Can anyone donate? Empty Re: We're almost out! Can anyone donate?

Post by PinkFlipFlops Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:07 am

Hi Tami, if you're still looking for milk for Luke, I have plenty to donate. Please see my post for details (by PinkFlipFlops).

-Maggie

PinkFlipFlops

Back to top Go down

We're almost out! Can anyone donate? Empty We're almost out! Can anyone donate?

Post by tmckay Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 am

Hi everyone.

I am looking for donations for my son, Luke. We are down to about 5 days worth of milk in the freezer. To complicate things I have to go out of town Wednesday afternoon so I'm hoping to arrange a pick up before then if possible. If not, it can be next week too, but it would be helpful to have it here for him while I'm gone.

I am a 35 yr. old mom of 3; two girls ages 10 and 6 and now Luke 9 mos. We live in Beverly (the North Shore). I struggled with trying to get my milk to come in for the girls. I tried pumping all the time, herbs, supplements - nothing worked and I had no choice but to use formula. This time my midwife discovered I have hypoplastic breasts; not enough milk ducts to make sufficient milk. To complicate things further I had serious complications at Lukes birth which required major surgery and a lot of blood being transfused. It took me many months to recover so breastfeeding was even more difficult that with the girls. Even with herbs, domperidone and extra pumping I could only get a total of 1/2 ounce when things were at the very best.

Fortunately my midwife introduced me to milkshare so Luke has been the lucky recipient of a good amount of breast milk. If there's any way we can find enough donations to keep him going at least to 1 year I will be a very happy mama.

Thank you for considering us. And to all the donors who are reading regardless of if you can donate or not - my sincere thanks for all you do! Taking the time and energy to donate is unbelievably kind and generous. I so wish I was in the fortunate position to be donating instead of asking for donations. But, since I can't, I'm beyond grateful for all who do.

Thank you!
Tami
978-360-4518

tmckay

Back to top Go down