MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Dairy Free Milk Available in Uptown, Chicago

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dairy Free Milk Available in Uptown, Chicago

Post by bonzilass on Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:47 pm

Hello. I have milk available that would suit a 3-5 month old as we have little freezer space in our condo. Full disclosure though. Firstly, I am a very small dose of thyroid medication which is considered safe for breastfeeding babies and is accepted by milk banks. Second, I have been taking domperidone to increase my milk supply - however for me it has been feast or famine and I am producing far more milk than my little one can drink. Domperidone is supposedly safe for babies, is present in the milk in tiny quantities, doesn't pass through the blood/brain barrier and is a medication sometimes used for babies to control reflux - although of course please do your own research. It is also used by a lot of women who have trouble providing enough milk for their babies as recommended by lactation consultants. I do eat very well, mainly organic and avoid processed foods. Pregnancy STD labs were all negative and I'm a non-smoker. I am also avoiding dairy right now for my baby who does have reflux. I do drink occasionally but never before pumping. My baby has been 'thriving' on my breast milk. I understand some mothers may not want this milk as I am on these medications but I also didn't want to throw my milk away without first asking if anyone wants it! Please PM me if interested.

bonzilass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top