MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Potential Donation Available in Houston (Meyerland Area)

Go down

Re: Potential Donation Available in Houston (Meyerland Area)

Post by AmyPuglia on Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:06 am

I've been connected with a lovely family so I will not be taking any other inquiries at this time. Thank you. Amy

AmyPuglia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Potential Donation Available in Houston (Meyerland Area)

Post by AmyPuglia on Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:34 am

Hello,

I am mama to a very happy, healthy, and pleasantly plump 4 month old girl.  I have been working and pumping for around two months now and somehow have managed to not only feed my baby exclusively breastmilk, but also build up a stockpile of frozen breastmilk.  As a Children's Hospital employee, I was really looking forward to donating the milk to our hospital milk bank.  However, because I have been continuing my pre-natal vitamins (Citranatal DHA) which contain a small amount of stool softener, they will not accept the milk.  The medically fragile and usually premature hospitalized babies cannot have any exposure to additional medications.  [I may be switching my pre-natal so I can donate future milk to the hospital milk bank after consulting my ob/gyn and baby's pediatrician.]

Anyhow, I would like my current stash to be put to good use and hopefully benefit another baby.  I will start releasing what I have in freezer storage in early February.  Before then, however, I would like to get to know the family to which the milk would be going and also for you to have the opportunity to get to know me and ask any questions you may have.  I'm requesting nothing more really than a meet and greet and would like to arrange something before the donation of the milk.  There is the possibility of more milk in the future as well.

Some additional information about me: I eat a well-balanced diet, I do not take any other medications other than the pre-natal vitamin, I do not have any illnesses.  My husband says that I have "Grade A Premium Boob Juice" because our baby is in the 90th percentile for weight and never refuses the boob or bottle.

Let me know if you and your baby are in need of some natural nutrition and we can set something up.

Merry Christmas!

Amy

AmyPuglia

View user profile

Back to top Go down