MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seek low-to-no dairy milk for medically fragile, adopted 8 week old, Austin Houston DFW anywhere

2 posters

Go down

Seek low-to-no dairy milk for medically fragile, adopted 8 week old, Austin Houston DFW anywhere Empty Re: Seek low-to-no dairy milk for medically fragile, adopted 8 week old, Austin Houston DFW anywhere

Post by sasebrasher Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:16 am

Have you tried any donors who were drinking raw milk vs. pasteurized? Raw milk contains enzymes needed to break down the milk sugar (lactose) and is also loaded with wonderful probiotics. (Your baby may greatly benefit from an infant probiotic such as this one: http://www.radiantlifecatalog.com/product/life-start-infant-bifidum/84) If its a true allergy to the milk protein than raw wouldn't make a difference, but if it's just a lactose intolerance, many people can tolerate raw milk fine. I would guess if he does fine on hard cheese and yogurt that its a milk sugar problem as the sugar content is very low in both, with the protein content being higher, especially in hard cheese. I eat a very clean diet of whole foods and he may be able to tolerate my milk but like I mentioned in my post my 100oz to donate were pumped when I was consuming raw dairy. Sorry, just something to think about. Nutrition is a passion of mine. Smile good luck!

sasebrasher

Back to top Go down

Seek low-to-no dairy milk for medically fragile, adopted 8 week old, Austin Houston DFW anywhere Empty Seek low-to-no dairy milk for medically fragile, adopted 8 week old, Austin Houston DFW anywhere

Post by grateful Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:43 am

Seeking donor breast milk from mamas with low to no dairy in their diets. Will pick up or ship from anywhere. We are in Austin, TX.

We have an adopted eight week old baby. He has been on 100% donor breast milk so far in his life. What a blessing that has been.

He's got some serious reflux and GI-tract issues. He was hospitalized at 7 weeks of age and had numerous studies done, confirming his digestive fragility and sensitivity. The doctors are still working out what exactly is going on. Meanwhile, we are monitoring him carefully and working hard to prevent his serious episodes of reflux and aspiration (possibly due to something congenital -- they just don't know yet).

All along, we've been the tracking the diets of the moms who have been generously sharing with us, and we've been able to clearly determine that for now he does MUCH better on breast milk from mamas who have low to no dairy in their diets.

He seems to be able to handle minimal amounts of dairy, like yogurt or hard cheese once or twice a week. Milk and ice cream totally spin him out. Sad

We also have a secret FB group for the milk mommies and siblings to join so we can share pictures. It's adorable.

Thank you, dear mamas,  for all you do.

grateful

Back to top Go down