MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Older mom with low supply searching for dairy free BM donor for 3 month old with milk protein allergy!

3 posters

Go down

Older mom with low supply searching for dairy free BM donor for 3 month old with milk protein allergy! Empty Re: Older mom with low supply searching for dairy free BM donor for 3 month old with milk protein allergy!

Post by poesmom Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:24 pm

Hi,
I have a freezer stash of breastmilk (oldest milk is from May) and I continue to produce more than my baby is taking. So I would certainly love to donate to a baby who needs it. I started saving my freezer stash out of a shortage of milk supply for my baby when I return to work. Now that I have returned to work and realizing that more is going into the freezer, I would like to donate them before they "expire" after 3 months.
I live in Princeton, NJ and work in midtown manhattan; I commute to the city 4 days a week, Mon & Tues and Thurs & Fri. If you would like to meet somewhere around Penn Station or Bryant Park, I'd be happy to bring my frozen milk in cooler bag for you.
About myself: I'm 29years old, my baby is 4months old. I live a healthy lifestyle; during the days I commute to work, I walk from Penn Station to my work, which is a mile away. I used to exercise regularly before the baby came but now I rarely have time. I eat healthy homecooked meals; I don't smoke or consume alcohol. My caffeine consumption is very minimal; a sip of decaf coffee every few days, since I returned to work earlier this month. I never consumed coffee during maternity leave. I eat nutrient dense food so that my baby gets the best nourishment possible. She was a low birth weight baby at 5lb 2oz. Now at 4months she's 13pounds and is very healthy. I also clean my pump and bottles and supplies thoroughly after each use (except during work days, which I keep in the fridge to be used throughout the day, in which case, I thoroughly clean them when I get home later in the day). I have frozen BM saved in snappie bottles and lansinoh breastmilk bags.
Please let me know if you would like my frozen stash of BM from me.

poesmom

Back to top Go down

Older mom with low supply searching for dairy free BM donor for 3 month old with milk protein allergy! Empty Re: Older mom with low supply searching for dairy free BM donor for 3 month old with milk protein allergy!

Post by Lawthiker Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:42 am

Hi Henrysmom, I just wanted to say my heart goes out to you. I'm in the same boat with my 9mo. He's had the milk protein allergy and we've survived because of the donor milk network. It's disgusting what goes in commercial hypoallergenic formula. It's a struggle but you will get through it!

Have you looked into making your own formula? You can make a hypoallergenic by using a broth base. I did attempt this and it was easy but my little guy was 6 months by the time we tried it and he refused to take it. I think the flavor was too much of a shift. You might have luck with your 3mo. I still have the ingredients if you're interested.

Virginia, mom to AJ 9 months.

Lawthiker

Back to top Go down

Older mom with low supply searching for dairy free BM donor for 3 month old with milk protein allergy! Empty Older mom with low supply searching for dairy free BM donor for 3 month old with milk protein allergy!

Post by henrysmom Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:38 am

Hello
I'm an older first time mom with very little BM supply. I've been supplementing with formula but now found out my 3 month old son has developed an allergy to milk protein. There are hypoallergenic formulas but my son refuses to drink them and quite honestly I don't want to give him these formulas because they are LOADED with sugars and sweeteners. We would need the donor to be on a dairy free lifestyle. We live in Brooklyn but will pay for all shipping costs, provide pump accessories etc..
Thank you.

henrysmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down