MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Traveling from Seattle to SLC for Thanksgiving and looking for some hearty/clean milk!

Go down

Traveling from Seattle to SLC for Thanksgiving and looking for some hearty/clean milk! Empty Traveling from Seattle to SLC for Thanksgiving and looking for some hearty/clean milk!

Post by ashleybee Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:12 pm

Hello!

I will be in Utah for Thanksgiving, and am in search of some milk. Due to low supply (I've tried everything), my 3.5 month old boy has been supplementing with donated breast milk since he was born, and I'm trying to keep him going until he's at least 1 year old. I'm collecting as much milk as I can to make it. Do you have any to spare? I'd love to help you empty your freezer! :-) I will be bringing a large cooler to store whatever I have for the drive home. Please email me here or at bbfamilyof3@gmail.com.

Oh, and I'm looking for caffeine/alcohol/drug/medication/illness-free, nutritious milk. I understand most people know now that "pump and dump" doesn't work, but just in case, here's a tidbit of info from the LLL page:

"Alcohol passes freely into mother's milk and has been found to peak about 30 to 60 minutes after consumption, 60 to 90 minutes when taken with food. Alcohol also freely passes out of a mother's milk and her system. It takes a 120 pound woman about two to three hours to eliminate from her body the alcohol in one serving of beer or wine...the more alcohol that is consumed, the longer it takes for it to be eliminated. It takes up to 13 hours for a 120 pound woman to eliminate the alcohol from one high-alcohol drink. The effects of alcohol on the breastfeeding baby are directly related to the amount the mother consumes.

As alcohol leaves the bloodstream, it leaves the breastmilk. Since alcohol is not "trapped" in breastmilk (it returns to the bloodstream as mother's blood alcohol level declines), pumping and dumping will not remove it. Pumping and dumping, drinking a lot of water, resting, or drinking coffee will not speed up the rate of the elimination of alcohol from your body."

Thanks so much for your time and happy holidays!

--Ashley

ashleybee

Back to top Go down