MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Milk available for donation (close to Westchester)

3 posters

Go down

Milk available for donation (close to Westchester) Empty Re: Milk available for donation (close to Westchester)

Post by anna1978 Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:46 am

I just made a donation of a few hundred ounces and made a commitment for a second donation which will clean me out for a little while. Have you been on the Human Milk 4 Human Babies facebook page?

anna1978

Back to top Go down

Milk available for donation (close to Westchester) Empty Re: Milk available for donation (close to Westchester)

Post by Ylrac Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:43 pm

Hi- How old is your baby? I have an almost 3 month old and just going back to work. I'm pumping as much as I can and still I don't think it will be enough. i would love to take some off your hands. I'm in the city and can try to arrange a time to take the train up to meet you.

Ylrac

Back to top Go down

Milk available for donation (close to Westchester) Empty sure

Post by newzreporter Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:21 pm

That would be great. We're trying to get as many perspectives on this as possible. Again, my mobile is 718-685-9269. Talk soon.

newzreporter

Back to top Go down

Post by anna1978 Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:13 pm

Chris -

That's interesting. I was debating whether to donate to a milk bank vs. to an individual. I can chat while I go pump around 3:30pm. Shall I call you then?

anna1978

Back to top Go down

Post by newzreporter Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:05 pm

Hello,

I am a television reporter from NBC in New York City (Channel 4).

I am researching a story about breast milk donation and a company called Prolacta. Prolacta is a company that solicits breast milk donations. . and then uses the milk to create a fortifier which is then sold to hospitals. Some have expressed concern that donors could be unwittingly giving away their milk to milk banks associated with Prolacta -- not knowing that it is essentially being resold. I wanted to find a few generous people who are looking to donate (or have donated) . . . to get their reaction/opinion on this for-profit breast milk company. Any chance you'd have a few minutes to chat about this? My name is Chris Glorioso and you can easily find my NBC bio online if you google me.

My mobile # is 718-685-9269.

Many thanks for your time. . .and by the way it is so inspiring that people like you are so giving of yourselves to other mothers and babies in need!

newzreporter

Back to top Go down

Milk available for donation (close to Westchester) Empty Milk available for donation (close to Westchester)

Post by anna1978 Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:23 am

I have a standalone freezer full of milk and am producing about 10-15 ounces more than my daugher currently consumes. I am healthy and do not smoke or drink. I'd love to help out a mom in my area that is willing to pick up milk from me. I live in Greenwich, CT and work in Stamford.

anna1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down