MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Milk needed in Jefferson City

4 posters

Go down

Milk needed in Jefferson City Empty Re: Milk needed in Jefferson City

Post by lilfenny Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:19 am

I have been donating to a coworker who adopted but over the holiday they used formula and now he is not that interested in breast milk so I have over 100 bags 6oz each that might be available. I work in Columbia.

Jodi
lilfenny@earthlink.net
573-819-0366

lilfenny

Back to top Go down

Post by paxtonsmom Sat May 15, 2010 2:35 pm

I have about 300 oz to donate in the St. Louis area. I would rather not ship but will drive up to an hour from where I live to meet you somewhere. My LO is 4 months old and very healthy. He just won't take a bottle. We are also moving to FL in 3 months and I know we can't take it all with us. I had a healthy pregnancy with no complications before or after. I don't drink or take any medications. I have been taking duet with DHA prenateal vitamin the whole time. Please e-mail me if you are interested.

cherylgcott@yahoo.com

paxtonsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by siegelerin Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:19 pm

Hi,

Saw your post that you need frozen breastmilk and I am frustrated that I have just now found this website.

I live in the Springfield, MO area and I have tons of breatmilk that I was hanging onto in order to donate it to Milkin' Mamas milk bank. They are in the process of switching labs and cannot accept donations until switched over to the new lab.

The reason that I am so frustrated is because this milk is already 7-10 months old (depending on my pump dates). I know that the suggested recommendation for storage of frozen breastmilk is 3-6 months, but I was hanging onto this milk for so long with the hope that the milk bank would get going with their new lab. Under their standards, they will take frozen milk that is as old as a year.

Now with no end in sight as to when they will be set up with their new lab, it makes me sick to think that I might have to waste all of this frozen milk and just pitch it.

Like I stated before, I know that the "suggested recommendation" for frozen milk is to use it within 3-6 months of pumping, but I thought I would offer the milk to you just in case you are ok with its age.

I will tell you that I have kept it at the bottom of my freezer and at the very back of the freezer. It has never been moved from the freezer at all. Additionally, I have my freezer set at the coldest possible setting as I donated milk 3 years ago with my first child as well and the milk bank required a very cold freezer. In fact, my freezer remains so cold that I always have to remove my ice cream from the freezer and let it thaw for 15 minutes before being able to scoop it out into bowls.

Anyway...I completely understand if you have reservations about my milk's age and will not at all be offended if you do not want it. If however you are interested, please let me know. I just find it unfortunate that the milk bank is in limbo with their lab situation. Very upsetting that I cannot help any babies that need it!

Should you have any questions, please feel free to call me at 417-732-8294.

Sincerely,

Erin Siegel

siegelerin

Back to top Go down

Milk needed in Jefferson City Empty Milk needed in Jefferson City

Post by mommyto2 Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:42 pm

I'm looking for milk for my almost 6 week old baby boy. Currently I'm pumping b/c of his inability to nurse efficiently, and am not quite making enough for him. I would just keep supplementing w/ formula, but even the hypoallergenic kind gives his sensitive tummy diarrhea. Sad
I went through this whole ordeal with my last son who is now 2, and ended up receiving milk from a wonderful, somewhat local donor I was able to find on here! I'm hoping and praying I can have a similar experience this time around.
Please contact me if you're interested in donating (long term or just one time - either one will be such a blessing!) I will make sure all your expenses (bags, shipping, if need be) are covered! And if you'd like more info on us and/or our situation, just ask Smile...I don't have too much time to type between pumping, and having 2 little ones running around. Smile
Thank you!!
mommyto2
mommyto2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down