MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby needs milk in Raleigh

Go down

Baby needs milk in Raleigh Empty Baby needs milk in Raleigh

Post by Mamabear123 Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:52 am

Hello!
I am searching for safe milk for my 8 month old son. He had severe feeding issues and reflux (reflux meds and all) soon after birth. We saw a dysphasia consultant for a couple of months who recommended I solely pump and feed. He was aspirating when he nursed from me so she thought it was better to feed through the bottle which could control flow better. I then realized that he was severely dairy intolerant. I could have nothing with dairy or it really upset his tummy. Once I figured out the milk problem, he had completely lost the ability to nurse from me. I pumped exclusively for a while longer and he had my breastmilk until he was about 5 1/2 months. At this point my milk was dwindling so we supplemented with a hypoallergenic formula. Unfortunately he did not tolerate this well for long and at about 6 months I was all out of milk and we started him on soy. I am so concerned about the hormonal effects of soy and do not like that he's been on this for 2 months. I would LOVE to give him breastmilk again since he cannot tolerate any formulas but soy. I would so appreciate any milk from someone who is dairy free. He's had a cold for over 2 weeks now and I can't help but think BM would help his body heal. He's such a sweetheart and I just want him to feel better.

Much love and many thanks!

Mamabear123

Back to top Go down