MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for some extra for a 6 month old in Urbana, IL

Go down

Looking for some extra for a 6 month old in Urbana, IL Empty Looking for some extra for a 6 month old in Urbana, IL

Post by amanders Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:10 am

I have a beautiful 6 month old baby boy with a cleft lip and palate. Because of his birth defect, he can't nurse - and he's also more prone to infections. He gets milk in his nose and I've heard that formula can be very irritating to the nasal passages. I've been able to provide enough milk for him through exclusively pumping - but I'm starting to fall short and my work requires some overnight travel soon. I've run through all of my freezer stash and am scrambling to have enough to send to daycare each day. He's slow to take solids - it's hard for him to eat them. I'd like to avoid formula if possible and would be thrilled if I could find a one-time or long term donor. If I could get 5 oz/day it would make a big difference! Alternatively, I could use a frozen stash that would be good for a few days (100+ oz). He'll have surgery to repair the palate this summer, and I'd really love to make it until then to keep him as healthy as possible.

amanders

Back to top Go down