MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

am i being impractical by not introducing cow's milk?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

am i being impractical by not introducing cow's milk?

Post by Mrs. Lainez on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:06 am

my daughter is 13.5 months old, and i have been buying breastmilk for her for the past three months. this has been because my milk supply is very low due to pregnancy (23 weeks). i decided to buy breastmilk for her because she was EBF until that point. her diet is currently about 80% breastmilk and 20% solids. i'm a true believer in the superiority of breastmilk. i'm just wondering if i'm being impractical or not by continuing to spend ~$16 per day on the breastmilk instead of introducing cow's milk in some quantity. i do plan to tandem nurse, and consider this situation to be temporary--until my milk comes in. my daughter still nurses four times a day, but i doubt there's anything much in there...

Mrs. Lainez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: am i being impractical by not introducing cow's milk?

Post by GigisMommy on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:54 am

I don't think so! WHO recommends breastfeeding until age 2. She's still getting great benefits from it. $16 a day is out of my own price range but if you have it, It's worth it for sure!
GigisMommy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ry889ry on Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:05 pm

You can try goats milk which is a lot gentler on the stomach. But cow milk isn't too bad. Too much milk however, can cause anemia... So make sure she has a balanced diet. Good luck!

Ry889ry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top