MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips on thawing milk?

4 posters

Go down

Tips on thawing milk? Empty Tips on thawing milk?

Post by milkforgray Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:12 pm

We've had several bags break and bm leak out before we're able to use it. What is the best way to thaw?

milkforgray

Back to top Go down

Tips on thawing milk? Empty Re: Tips on thawing milk?

Post by larohrbaugh Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:26 pm

We usually put the bag inside of a ziploc sandwich bag when thawing. Its the easiest and quickest thing for us. We've noticed with ours that certain donor's bags are more likely to leak...I guess it might have something to do with handling.
larohrbaugh
larohrbaugh

Back to top Go down

Post by milkforgray Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:09 am

That's what I've been doing also. I'm wondering if it's just when the milk breaks apart as it's thawing if it creates a tiny hole in the bag. I can't figure it out! confused

milkforgray

Back to top Go down

Post by kathy.rosegarden Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:35 am

I had to do the same thing to thaw my bags. It seemed like the bags that had been shipped to me in dry ice were much more prone to leaks than the ones I picked up locally.
kathy.rosegarden
kathy.rosegarden

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaz Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:17 pm

Any time you have a frozen fluid inside a bag, the bag is prone to damage if the bag is dropped or otherwise jostled abruptly when frozen. So if a bag falls out of the freezer or the bags are tossed around in the cooler during shipping, some of them will be damaged. The plastic is very thin so it doesn't take much to cause it to break or puncture. When we thaw for our own use, occasionally bags leak and I know exactly how the milk has been handled. All of my recipients thaw in another container in case the milk bag leaks.
Jaz
Jaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down