MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Milk to give away, 150+ oz in Western Wake

2 posters

Go down

Milk to give away, 150+ oz in Western Wake Empty Re: Milk to give away, 150+ oz in Western Wake

Post by nmeyers Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:11 am

Thank you for keeping us in mind.

nmeyers

Back to top Go down

Milk to give away, 150+ oz in Western Wake Empty Re: Milk to give away, 150+ oz in Western Wake

Post by leopardbaby Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:03 pm

Thank you for your interest, nmeyers. I am hopeful I can find someone in the local area in need (Raleigh area, NC). If that should not happen, I will be in touch. Best wishes to you and yours!

leopardbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by nmeyers Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:03 pm

Hi there,

Thank you for being willing to donate. We live in Northern California and have adopted twins. I was able to breast feed them for the first 5 1/2 months with the help of herbs, meds and an SNS. Since then we have relied entirely on donor milk. They are doing really well and I am hoping to keep them on breast milk through the winter to try and keep the from getting every little cold my 8 year old brings home from school. I have a fedex account and can provide a container, coolant, replacement bags and arrange for pick up of the milk at your home. (no drop off required :-). With two to feed we are always in need and would be interested in all that you have to spare.

thank you for your consideration
Nannette and the twins

nmeyers

Back to top Go down

Milk to give away, 150+ oz in Western Wake Empty Milk to give away, 150+ oz in Western Wake

Post by leopardbaby Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:46 am

I have a freezerful of milk I would like to give away, no compensation required. I think it is at least 150 oz. I have a few disclaimers:

- this milk has been scalded due to lipase issues - basically an excess enzyme causes the fat in my milk to break down and taste bad quickly, and the heat of scalding inactivates the enzyme and keeps the milk tasting good. It is not harmful, please see Kellymom for more info, or message me and I can answer any questions!
- Scalded = 145 degrees F for 1 minute
- due to this scalding, my LC recommended no more than 50% of a babys daily intake being scalded milk as some vitamins also are broken down.
- the milk is from October 2011 through sometime spring 2012. I just tried a couple of the oldest milks and they smelled and tasted fine
- milk was stored in a regular freezer that pretty much only houses milk, so infrequently opened
- non-drinker, non-smoker, no medications (not even IB or tylenol), partially organic food diet, hormone free dairy

Please let me know if you are interested in some or hopefully all of this milk. If you feel that Oct. 2011 is too old, I understand and will provide forward from whatever date you like.

Hoping to drop this off this week with someone!! santa

leopardbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down