MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seeking colostrum for November (NoVA) [Update: A donor donated plenty. TY]

2 posters

Go down

Seeking colostrum for November (NoVA) [Update: A donor donated plenty. TY] Empty Re: Seeking colostrum for November (NoVA) [Update: A donor donated plenty. TY]

Post by RealMylk Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:23 pm

I will be in NoVA next week... so no shipping needed.

I am still looking for (confirmed) colostrum donor... (and breastmilk too).

Sorry so short, but I'm in the middle of moving across country!

RealMylk

Back to top Go down

Seeking colostrum for November (NoVA) [Update: A donor donated plenty. TY] Empty Re: Seeking colostrum for November (NoVA) [Update: A donor donated plenty. TY]

Post by RealMylk Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:21 pm

12-14 ounces is perfect. Thank you.

Five weeks from now is plenty of time to find someone... but it is also a month before we move out there. I'll see what I can do. I found someone in Richmond who would go to NoVA... but, I am looking for someone closer to you. I noticed you said something about Baltimore in another post... whereabouts are you? You can PM me if you prefer.

RealMylk

Back to top Go down

Post by CatholicSteph Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:16 pm

If you're able to arrange pickup that would be helpful. I didn't pump any straight colostrum but I pumped when my milk came in. The milk is nice and orangey from the colostrum. I got a good 12-14 ounces before it started turning white but I only had Peter 8 days ago so what I'm pumping now probably still has some in it.

I nursed my 4 year old for 2 years while on Zoloft.

I will return to the midwife in about 5 weeks for my postpartum check and will get copies of my blood work for you.

CatholicSteph

Back to top Go down

Post by RealMylk Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:45 pm

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I would greatly appreciate your donation. Babies do not need a lot of milk on the first few days... because their stomachs are not too big... yet. I think milk doesn't come in 'til about 3 days later or more. So, colostrum from the first few days should be enough!

Would you like me to pick up the milk personally in November?

Or should I find someone there who could hold it for me? (I am working on that already if you choose this option.) If so, I will PM you more details so you are assured your milk is going to a newborn baby.

Also, medical records from pregnancy would be good to see. I have heard Zoloft is safe during breastfeeding... but I haven't checked LactMed.

RealMylk

Back to top Go down

Post by CatholicSteph Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:25 am

I have been pumping size Tuesday and it's full of colostrum. My baby was born and died on August 16. I am not getting a lot of milk, about 6 ounces a day, because I just hve a hard time pumping. But I can offer what I have and will have. I am on zoloft.

CatholicSteph

Back to top Go down

Seeking colostrum for November (NoVA) [Update: A donor donated plenty. TY] Empty Seeking colostrum for November (NoVA) [Update: A donor donated plenty. TY]

Post by RealMylk Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:14 pm

I am 5 months pregnant with our second child, due Dec 6.

I experienced low milk supply with my first baby who is now 25 months old. I have recently discovered that I may just have insufficient glandular tissue (IGT). I have spoken with experts Jennifer Tow and Diana Cassar-Uhl... both well regarded in the lactation community and have learned so much!

But despite my efforts, I didn't experience breast changes (again) with DC#2 so I am expecting low milk supply from day 1 with DC#2. I will be pumping colostrum as my due date approaches. But, I am still seeking colostrum for when we arrive/move to NoVA Nov 1 before the baby is due. If you want to donate it sooner, I can find someone there to hold it for me. We do request to see medical records during pregnancy and appreciate any amount you have to offer.

Thank you.

Last edited by RealMylk on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:45 am; edited 4 times in total

RealMylk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down