MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About 300 ounces to share in Cincinnati

2 posters

Go down

About 300 ounces to share in Cincinnati Empty Re: About 300 ounces to share in Cincinnati

Post by kjjacobsen Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:32 pm

This milk has been donated and is no longer available.

kjjacobsen

Back to top Go down

About 300 ounces to share in Cincinnati Empty Re: About 300 ounces to share in Cincinnati

Post by kjjacobsen Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:06 pm

Hi Kim, I actually haven't received any other replies yet...interesting because I had about 10 replies way back when this board was still an email list!
Anyway, you'll have to decide what a good length of time is for frozen milk. Some places on the web say it's good for 6 months or a year, and deep frozen is better.
Feel free to contact me at ___ at gmail dot com and we'll work out details.

kjjacobsen

Back to top Go down

Post by hopefulmomincincy Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:36 pm

Forgive my ignorance, but i'm new to this...how long is the frozen milk good for?

We are in the process of adopting and are waiting for our baby. If you have no one else in immediate need, and it will still be good for a month or two, I would be very interested in your milk. I desperately want to give BM to my baby. Most of the potential matches we have presented our profile to are receiving little or no prenatal care, many are using drugs, smoking, etc. These babies are not off to a good start and i feel breast milk could make the difference. I understand if you'd rather give to someone who needs it now. However, if you are willing, i would love to have a stash to get started with. When we get notice that we have matched, we will have 24-48 hours to travel out of state to get our baby. For example, we are waiting now on an answer on a baby born Wednesday. It's between us and one other family. Whoever the birthmom picks will be traveling to Florida tomorrow. I'm afraid when that time comes, i will be unable to find any breast milk.

I think what you are doing is a wonderful thing! Regardless of whether you chose to donate to us, I want to thank you on behalf of the baby who will benefit so much due to yur generousity!

Oh, and I live in Cincy, so I can meet you whereever.

Please let me knw what you decide. thanks! KIM

hopefulmomincincy

Back to top Go down

About 300 ounces to share in Cincinnati Empty About 300 ounces to share in Cincinnati

Post by kjjacobsen Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:59 pm

I have about 300 to 350 ounces of milk in my deep freezer. it's from around December 2011 to March 2012 when I stopped pumping.
I've donated before on milkshare with my first son, and to a local friend last year. I don't have any other friends who need milk, and I'd like to use my freezer for other things now! The 100 most recent ounces are from when I was mostly dairy free.
I would prefer pick up...could possibly meet half way if it's reasonable driving distance.

kjjacobsen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down