MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Seeking Breast Milk

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Seeking Breast Milk

Post by WAmama on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:00 pm

Hi, I am a pregnant mom looking for milk for my unborn baby. With my first child I tried breastfeeding and had very low supply and it turns out I have insufficient breast tissue. We live in the Eastside area of Seattle, but we regularly travel to Federal Way, and even as far south as Vancouver sometimes. Additionally, I am happy to pay for shipping the milk if you are further away, or possibly (depending on where you are) we can make a special trip.

So, I am looking to start a stock of milk for my baby. OR looking for a mom due around the same time as me (January) who would like to donate then.

We have dealt with breast milk donation with my first child and appreciate our milk mama's so so much. Without them our child would not be who he is today and we love them. We will provide whatever you need. Storage bags, a pump if you need one, fenugreek. We know a lot of time and effort goes into this and we appreciate it so much.

I will be breastfeeding/pumping myself as much as possible and I plan to take many measures to increase my supply as well, but I am realistic and I know that ultimately I probably won't be able to provide for babies food needs all on my own. With our first child it was a constant struggle to find donors so this time around I am trying to start early, hoping to find long term donors, but of course we will welcome any milk we can get. Long term, short term, we will take what we can get. We have a chest freezer that the milk will be stored in until it is used, so stocking up early won't be an issue.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. I really appreciate you taking the time to read this and whether you donate to us or to another family you are doing a WONDERFUL, selfless beautiful thing and you are AMAZING!

Thank you!

WAmama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top