MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THANK you, THANK you, THANK you donors!

Go down

THANK you, THANK you, THANK you donors! Empty THANK you, THANK you, THANK you donors!

Post by wordsmith60 Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:47 pm

I'm finally back up, getting the hang of the new forum, and wanted to add my heartfelt thanks to all of the amazing donors on this site, and for us, the ones who so generously provided for Emma, our adopted daughter. I'm so proud of this group of women!

We adopted Emma in the summer of 2008. I induced lactation using hospital pump, Domperidone, herbs, etc., but was never able to make very much, in spite of doing the entire Newman protocol for 18 months (the Dom gave me severe headaches and once I went off of it, I could only eke out 1-2 ounces a day). In spite of many skilled LLCs, Emma never would latch on correctly and so stimulate my production. Frankly, inducing lactation was the hardest thing I've ever done in my entire life. I cried so many tears over it and really "hit the wall," finding the limit of my own strength and savvy and perseverance. Perhaps that's why I'm so grateful for the wonderful women who came alongside Emma and me in our time of need.

Anyway, we were desperate to find breastmilk for her (her BM has asthma and smokes; Emma was born early and small), and when she was a few days old, we heard about Milkshare, there as we waited in that long-term stay hotel in South Carolina.

It was an amazing experience. Women I did not know contacted me and gave out of that generous mother's heart that loves and wants the best for other children as well as her own. I was blown away. And while I was nearly ready to kiss their feet, they, in their humble turn, thanked ME for putting their milk to good use, so grateful they were not to throw it out. I can't tell you how many milk MIRACLES we had, how many friends we made, how many "coincidences" we had. Emma has been remarkably healthy; no sign of asthma or allergies.

We also made "shipping friends" -- the Fedex guy gave us strange looks until I came out to his truck one day to thank him for yet another overnight delivery of liquid gold and show him the glowing evidence of Emma's health and vitality. The Post Office woman knew that I shipped empty coolers to moms and why and was thrilled to see Emma getting bigger and stronger every time we were in.

We are in the process of adopting a newborn again, so I'll be in touch with you soon, I hope. We've already had one call about a birthmom that made my heart skip a beat because I have NOTHING in our deep freezer to give the baby, but our home study isn't quite done, so we had to say "no." I've decided not to induce again -- I'm an older mom (just turned 50) and I'm hesitant to go on the hormones and Dom again -- though I will use the Lactaid and see if the newbie can latch on better. Please keep your fingers crossed for us and happy pumping!

Joye

wordsmith60

Back to top Go down