MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going to Crystal Lake, IL on May 23rd

Go down

Going to Crystal Lake, IL on May 23rd Empty Going to Crystal Lake, IL on May 23rd

Post by bhtimm Mon May 14, 2012 11:13 am

Hi milk overproducing mamas,
I am attending a program in Crystal Lake, IL on May 23rd. I have a dear friend who has a child born as a frail preemie who could still benefit from breastmilk, even though he is 20 months old now (18 mos adjusted age). He has to drink special nutritional supplements. I actually brought her some milk a month and a half ago from a mom who pumped through pregnancy for her now almost 3 -year old, fearing undersupply for her newborn. If you are a mom of a toddler, this would probably be the most beneficial...but I know this recipient is not fussy (has taken newborn milk, milk up to 2 years old, etc). Due to the proximity to the Chicago area, I figure I could get a good number of responses. I am a former grateful recipient myself and in fact am still lactating tiny amounts (despite having weaned nearly a year ago) because I nursed for so long (2 years).

Evekai is a happy, healthy boy now although he still struggles with immune functions. It is truly a miracle that he is alive! The mother has become one of my BFF's, seriously! I would LOVE to be able to supply her with more milk to benefit him. It has been truly a pleasure and honor to see him grow up and thrive on breastmilk (vs. that Pregestamil crap that tastes like spoiled chicken broth, I do not kid you!)

Here is her heart-touching story:

Seeking milk for my preemie
by SativaStarr on Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:36 pm

.I have a 9 week old 31 weeker who sustained a brain injury due to a complete abruption that resulted in him losing over half his blood supply, being born without a heart rate and not breathing, and necessitated 13 minutes of CPR to rescusitate him.

My miracle baby just came home fro NICU 6 days ago.

I have been pumping for him, but am having supply issues and currently am only making about half of his daily intake despite a course of Reglana nd taking fenugreek daily (and pumping frequently). I desperately want to keep him on a diet of 100% breastmilk but my freezer stash fom his early NICU days is almost depleted.

We are located in NE WI but Im willing to travel for pick up. Thank you!

bhtimm

Back to top Go down