MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

NYC- Need milk after reconstructive surgery

View previous topic View next topic Go down

YES!!

Post by LiaBeanesMom on Tue May 01, 2012 6:52 am

Hi Pamela,

I am definitely interested in taking as much milk as you can offer us! Let's discuss details either through email or phone- we are both new site members here so we won't be able to post email addresses, but please call or text me at 631-384-2969 and I can give you my email address then- if I don't pick up please just leave me message and I'll get back to you asap- my 10 week old keeps me pretty busy when I am home alone with her but evenings when my husband is home are easier for chatting Smile Thank you for offering to share with us, our baby and I will be so thankful and I am looking forward to speaking with you!

Best,

Erica

LiaBeanesMom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NYC- Need milk after reconstructive surgery

Post by PamelaG on Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:23 pm

Hello. I have frozen and fresh milk. You are welcome to both supplies if you are still looking. My daughter is 14 months old. I am located in UWS manhattan.

PamelaG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NYC- Need milk after reconstructive surgery

Post by LiaBeanesMom on Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:28 pm

Hi All! I Mommy to a 10 week old beautiful baby girl in Brooklyn, NYC. I have breastfed her 24/7 from the moment she was born, but have a compromised ability to make and deliver milk due to abnormally developed breast tissue, surgical removal of breast growths, and resulting reconstructive breast surgery. I knew I had significant obstacles entering into breastfeeding my daughter, but it meant so much to me to nurse her that I have given it everything I've got. I have hired lactation consultants, attend regular La Leche League meetings, rented a hospital grade breast pump, have used herbs to increase my supply, and breastfeed at every opportunity day or night. We have gone through periods of extremely fussy nursing, cracked/bleeding/blistered nipples, and intense breast pain, but I will not give up on my girl. I can mostly only nurse her from one breast, because the other has lost more tissue and seems to make less milk- she will rarely nurse there. At this time, even with all of my efforts I am not physically able to meet her needs, so we have been supplementing with organic formula for her first two months of life. The formula challenges her digestive system and I would so much prefer to give her the natural breastmilk that she is built for. She loves to nurse and I wish so much that I could provide for her completely, but I need some help. I would like to connect with local NYC moms that I can meet and interact eith who would be willing to share their milk with my daughter, and would especially love to connect with someone who could share on an ongoing basis. Please let me know if you think you can help us, and thank you so much for your kindness and time!

LiaBeanesMom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NYC- Need milk after reconstructive surgery

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top