MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over Producer - Lots of Milk to Donate (Oak Park)

2 posters

Go down

Over Producer - Lots of Milk to Donate (Oak Park) Empty Re: Over Producer - Lots of Milk to Donate (Oak Park)

Post by Meaganhope21 Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:57 pm

Do you still have milk to donate? My son Graydon was born at 28 weeks. He spent 7 weeks in the NICU. I was in and out of the hospital myself during that time with a couple of different serious postpartum complications and surgeries. I attempted to pump as much as I could during that time. When he got him home from the NICU I was still very weak and struggling with my own health. I tried to breastfeed as much as I could and tried about every galactigog known to man, even an SNS. But, despite my best efforts, my supply just never came in. Now that he has gotten used to donor milk, he cries in pain if I try to give him formula, even if I just add some to try and make the donor milk stretch. I have enough donors for 2 weeks out of the month and have managed to find a couple of one time donors to make up the difference. The problem I have now is that one of my regulars is moving out of state next week for her husbands job and I just wont have the supply I need for him. My other donors' babies are 12 and 19 months and their supplies will be fading before Graydon is weaned.
I am in NY and am willing to ship you supplies to ship the milk back to me . thank you so much for your generosity in donating to anyone i know how much work it is!

Meaganhope21

Back to top Go down

Over Producer - Lots of Milk to Donate (Oak Park) Empty Over Producer - Lots of Milk to Donate (Oak Park)

Post by MrsTHolmes Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:26 am

I'm a first time mom with an oversupply. My baby just hit 8 weeks & I have almost 1,000 oz in the deep freezer. I want to donate a couple hundred (all pumped at the end of Feb & beginning of March). This is my first attempt at donating. If all goes well, I can continue to donate regularly.

My last bloodwork was done 8 weeks ago, when I had my baby. However, I had extensive bloodwork done throughout my pregnancy, including during the last few weeks before delivering. I could ask my OBGYN for a letter verifying that my bloodwork was all normal, or I could get copies of the labwork (but that might take a few days). I'm a very healthy non-smoker who doesn't eat any red meat or pork. I've taken prenatal vitamins with added DHA every day since June 2011. I don't drink or take any kind of medication. I have a very healthy baby girl who is 14 lbs already at 8 weeks old.

I'm in MI, right outside of Detroit.

MrsTHolmes

Back to top Go down